PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Bow!!!!

Ddog
11-16-2005, 12:45 PM
about 5-6 weeks ago i was at the chilliwack river, i went up early and did some hunting because the day before i saw 2 real nice bucks while i was fishing, so the next day i decided i would go and spend the better part of the day hunting, in late afternoon i got bored and decided to beat up on some fish, just before dusk i heard a car pull up on the side of the road , i was just above allison pool, and then i heard the door shut about 2 minutes later and the car drove away. being all paranoid, i reeled my line in as quick as possible and made a fast dash to my Ford Explorer. the back hatch was opened and the passenger door, OH NO!! my bow was gone aswell as my hunting pack with my knives and all the goodies you bring hunting!!!!
Now before all of you say why would you leave your stuff in the truck and so on etc.. IN NO WAY WAS ANY OF MY STUFF VISIBLE, MY BOW WAS INSIDE A THIN CARBOARD BOX THAT HAD BEEN WEATHERED AND LOOKED LIKE GARBAGE..AND I HAD JUST FINISHED UNPACKING TONS OF STUFF AND THE BACK WAS FULL OF GARBAGE THAT I WAS TAKING TO THE DUMP! LIKE BAGS OF GARBAGE AND BOXES FULL OF PAPER CRAP AND ALL THE STUFF YOU WOULD TAKE TO THE GARBAGE.
ANYWAYS...
MY BOW IS A MARTIN FURY WITH NEW ELITE LIMBS,LIMB SAVERS,SIDEWINDER 3 PIN SIGHT, QUIVER WITH HUNTER EXPEDITION 5575 ARROWS WITH MECHANICAL SPITFIRE 100GR. BROADHEADS AND MECHANICAL 100GR GRIMREAPER BROADHEADS. FLIGHTS WERE 2 GREY 1 GREEN, AND 2 GREY 1 WHITE, AND 2 GREY 1 ORANGE 4"..
IF ANYONE HAS HEARD ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW...I AM LOST WITHOUT MY BABY!!!!

mainland hunter
11-16-2005, 01:36 PM
that sucks

huntwriter
11-16-2005, 02:22 PM
In these days you do not need to hide all your stuff from sight. It is enough if the thives see a car alone. They stole my sister-in-law car a few weeks back an absolute wreck almost falling apart, thives are not picky anymore either, they take waht ever is not locked, chained or bolted to the ground.

Plame the liberal politicans, judges and lawyers for it who think that robbery and other crime are the fault of the victims not the crimminals.:shock::x

I am sorry for you and hope your "baby" is found again in one pice. Have a look around local sports and archery stores the thives might try and sell it for drug money als look in pawn shops and such like.

As many know here I am from originally Switzerland where absolutly everyone owns guns, unless they are mentally challanged or of forgain birth. Every household has at least one revolver and asault rifle from the army (armed forces service is mandatory) shooting is the number one national sport. We are permitted by law and the costition to use weapons on two legged vermin(defend his life, family and property by any means nessersary including the use of any weapons against anyone person or forgain power intruding upon his property, freddom and liberty without just cause). We do not have crime. Go figure.;)

ex bc guide
11-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Sad to here,Hope you are able to recover it.
Mike

buckslayer
11-17-2005, 08:44 AM
i hope that you catch the a&&holes and get your stuff back .Maybe one of them will fall on the sharp end of an arrow. We can always hope

Ddog
11-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I Have Been Checking All The Pawn Shops...so Far Nothing Has Turned Up...so Far....it Suks So Bad That She Is Gone..i Have Passed On 2 Blacktails ,1 Of Wich Has To Be 155+ Class Buck That I Have Been After For A Year Now. And I Passed On Him At 35 Yards Because I Was Waiting For Him To Step On My 30 Yard Marker..he Was There For 12+ Minutes Broadside Feeding Back And Forth,,with My Martin Fury It Would Have Been Down As Soon As He Hit The Forty Yard Marker...crap!!!!! He"ll Be Back! Point Is I Just Didnt Have Enough Confidence With Shooting Him With My Hoyt At That Distance First Day Out...i Do Now..

ruger#1
11-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Dog have you checked the pawn shop in sardis , also check the swap meet, and the Chilliwack paper, call hubs and kent outdoors up to. these idiots need to be put in a very deep ditch.

Ddog
11-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Yup..been Checking Everywhere,,just Cant Give Up Yet!!i Want It Back So Bad,,she Was My Good Luck Bow..that Bow Was So Choice For Me I Had A 3 Pin Sight On There Of Which I Only Used Two Of Them...very Rarely Missed..i Had Taken 30 Deer With It 2 Bear, 1 Elk (on My First Elk Trip) Numerous Coyotes,ducks Varmints ...grrrrrrrrrr Where Is She!!!!

BlacktailStalker
12-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Theives suck. I hope you recover it as well.
I've had my place broken into and they ruined my safe trying to pry it open.
A few days ago I was up on a bluff, and my truck was the size of an ant so far away, and another truck pulled up beside it, right beside it and sat there for a few minutes. I was certain he was going to take a peek in my window, or try and take my friends quad. We were hours from anywhere.
I was with a friend and we were waiting to give him a "hello we're watching" from 800+ yards. I always wonder if my window will be smashed when I come back to my truck, guess its from living in the city, you just expect it.

ruger#1
12-05-2005, 12:32 PM
leave a note on the window.[ Truck is always in rifle range ] works for me. there is to much protection for the criminals these days.

ratherbefishin
12-26-2005, 07:48 AM
one of the greatest ills of society today is that the one thing a thief knows for sure before he steals your stuff, is that even if he is caught-nothing bad or unpleasant is going to happen to him even if he is caught.My solution is that petty crime [break ins, purse snatching etc] should only warrent about 1 hours jail time-and the paddle.Why not try it-what have we got to lose?

Walksalot
12-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Depending all what you lost it might be an idea to contact the insurance company.

Caveman
12-27-2005, 07:46 PM
" Every Second Thief Shot,the Last One Just Left "

rrfred
12-27-2005, 08:06 PM
vote, snatch and runs are less serious than b/e; but b&e's are invasions-serious crimes especially if someone is home; like the idea of posting a note that your in sight of the truck:) my .02 cheers