PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Martin Firecat 08

bluecharm99
04-02-2009, 11:58 AM
I just picked this bow up in a trade, being a complete novice. Read the online manual, managed to get the pull weight changed no problem, read a lot on the changing the draw length, and no where could I find that you needed a bow press to change this. So, took out the two screws on each cam, as directed, but them in the lowest settings as I figured I needed. All looked good. Then I pulled the string, pulled back lovely and snap! Cable came out of wheels.
How difficult is it to put back, if I can get it back? Will I need a bow press this time. How hard is it to take cables off completely and put them back on. Thanks for your anticipated help.

Kirby
04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
your gonna need to press it if the cables came off the cams.

take it to a pro shop and have them do it. Its not overly difficult, but if you don't have a press it gets alot harder.

Kirby

chola
04-19-2009, 08:17 AM
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/index.php

Bow Walker
04-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Advice from one Island to another...

Go to National Archery Supply - then go to the Bow Press/Vise section. Scroll down the page a bit til you get to the Bowmaster Portable boww press. It works like a hot damn.

http://www.nationalarcherysupply.com/

Just remember that the cable will stretch a bit the first time or two tht you use it. I've got one and I heartedly recommend them.

bluecharm99
05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Took me a while to figure things out but, from the Martin site, I found out you don't need a press to put the cables on this particular bow. Quite easy to do since the limbs attach with two screws. I followed their directions and it worked like a charm. Now to get some practice!

Bow Walker
05-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Good on you for your "handy-man-ness"! Keep at it and you'll be a bow tech in no time....and I'm not kidding.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Good on you for your "handy-man-ness"! Keep at it and you'll be a bow tech in no time....and I'm not kidding.

Yep .. If he keeps playin with "Martins" ... He will become a "Bowtech" in no time

Bow Walker
05-30-2009, 06:09 PM
R,R,R.....

It's a natural progression.