PDA

View Full Version : Wife's a big meany!!!

willyqbc
01-31-2004, 01:51 PM
Trying to convince the wife that i need another bow.....not going so well, seeing as i just bought a new bow 6 months ago!! :lol: Says I gotta sell some stuff first, problem is I can't decide what I'm willing to part with?? (don't really want to part with any of my hunting gear!!) Any of you have this problem when the BIG MEAN WIFE puts the kibosh on a new, and obviously totally ESSENTIAL purchase?? Maybe if I hold back all moose steaks and deer chops until she gives in!!! :lol: :lol:

Chris

SniperGirly
01-31-2004, 02:47 PM
Maybe you could tell her that you'll buy HER a new bow if she will let you buy yourself a new bow!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:

EVERYONE wins!!! And NO ONE has to go without bows or game meat...(because that would SUCK)!!!!!

Carolynne "Bows for EVERYONE"

willyqbc
01-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Carolynne,
I allready bought her a new bow just before the start of hunting season....and offered to get and install the laminate flooring she's been wanting, and we are considering a brand new rifle for her as soon as i go get my PAL. Still no go, she thinks I have too many toys allready.....and she's just downright mean :wink: I'm so hard done by!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Chris

SniperGirly
01-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Oh that IS a terrible problem! I'm stumped!!! :?: :?: :?:

It sounds like you are TERRIBLY hard done by Chris!
Carolynne

willyqbc
02-01-2004, 02:32 AM
I AM, I AM!!! Perhaps you could talk to her about how HORRIBLY I've been treated, through these many years of marriage?? I've given her all the hunting expertise (such as it it is :roll: ), that I have, and any hunting goody that she wants. And all she has given me in return is two children.....incredibly gifted archers as they are :D ....still seems to balance out to a new bow for me any way you slice it!! 8) 8) !!!

Chris

Nails
02-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Willy your toast on this one, You know your wife is going to get her flooring. You will just have to be patient on this one. Once she gets the new floor and she realized the cost involed. Then she will allow you to get the new bow. Our she will say what my wife would probally say, the floor is for the family and your included and you just got a bow. Know your toast for at least six months. :? Then you can revisit your request to her.

Good Luck
Todd

MadDog
02-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Aren't they all?

SniperGirly
02-01-2004, 05:17 PM
HEY!!! I (for one) am LOVELY!!!

QnsCowboy
02-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Willy, you are not in this alone.....I sooooo know how you feel!!!!!! :roll:

MadDog
02-03-2004, 05:35 PM
HEY!!! I (for one) am LOVELY!!!

Yes my dear, but do you have a ring on your finger yet????? :twisted:

Let your significant other answer this in a few years when he can't go hunting cause he has to watch the kids!!! :lol:

SniperGirly
02-03-2004, 06:24 PM
KIDS??????? 8O 8O 8O

Doug
02-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Run, Forrest, run!!!! 8)

Kids aren't that bad, Carolynne, heck I was one once and so were you, and we were both lovable little beggars right?

Of course this thought may not be the first one on your mind at three in the morning when your baby wakes you up for the fourth time that night because it is hungry/wet/has a dirty diaper/is bored/whatever/who knows anyway........ 8O

And here is some more free advice: you just turned twenty. ENJOY YOUR LIFE for a while before (IF!) you decide to settle down and do the domestic stuff. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!

Doug

bone-collector
02-03-2004, 07:26 PM
HEY HEY HEY I have kids and babysitters are a dime a dozen :wink:

like I would let some soother sucking snotrag diaper butt stop me from hunting 8O

MadDog
02-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Ya, you know, KIDS!!!

The little things that run around screaming for no apparent reason, then grow up get married, bring there little things over to grandpa's house to do the same thing they did!!!

Only thing is that grandpa loves it when I bring them over to scream and run around but they've got over 100 acres to do that out there!

Doug
02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
They are some cute, Joe - obviously you have a beautiful wife!

Doug

PS) What the heck did she see in you???? :wink:

MadDog
02-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks Doug, but I took em out, got kinda creeped out after I posted it, to many freaks on the net these days and I got kinda paranoid!

Not that there's any freaks here but I'm still kind of over protective. I pity the poor ******* that first starts dating my oldest! He'll be the first one to see the full gun collection! :wink:

BTW I just give my wife all my money to stay with me, my guns are all hidden cash! :lol:

Doug
02-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Joe this is an absolutely first-class hijack, one of your best ever, and I want to congratulate you on it.

And you have even skilfully brought the discussion back to wives and weapons, which was the original post. You are a master of the hijack!

So what about willyqbc and his dilemma, eh!?!?

Doug

MadDog
02-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Yep, back to willy.

Don't tell her, just go buy it.

Or if you've got a really good buddy (like Doug) get him to buy it and just pay him off on the time plan! :wink:

02-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Well, I think that ever women has their price, jewelery, holiday, vehicle, clothes, cosmetics even another child. Choose one of many choices or maybe another job on the side. I have a friend that cuts lawns and keeps some of the money for himself. Of course his wife gets a percentage first. Remember one thing, family comes first, toys later. Right Nails!

willyqbc
02-04-2004, 02:53 PM
ANOTHER CHILD!!!! DAMN!!! I think I can live with the bow i have now for a while longer!!! LOL!!! Another kid and I'd never be able to afford any new toys!!!

Chris

bone-collector
02-04-2004, 03:17 PM
dam Chris you just have to look her in the eyes and say DEAR I AM GONNA MISS YOU :!: , haha then run like hell , cause she will find a ufo in the kitchen to get you with !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

willyqbc
02-05-2004, 01:36 PM
haha then run like hell , cause she will find a ufo in the kitchen to get you with !!!

I see you've met my wife bones!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Well the bow purchase issue seems to be going nowhere here :cry: :cry: :cry: She is however softening on my purchasing my own bow shop equipment..... press, saw, vise, tools etc. Which is kinda weird cause its all gonna cost me more than the bow would have!! :?: :?: Oh well, I'll get the bow eventually, I'll just bug her until she comes around....I'm VERY persistant!!! 8)

Chris

ape
02-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey Willy this is the motto that I live by.

IT IS EASIER TO GET FORGIVENESS THAN IT IS PERMISSION.
Just do it and worry about the rest later.

bochunk2000
02-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Like ape said its from that Budweiser comercial.

it is easier to ask her for forgivness then to get permission in the frist place.

Remember though that she controls the bedroom fun time and what consequences you want to live with. Hahaha :lol: :lol:

oldtimer
02-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Guys trust me on this, All Chris is trying to do is find some magic bow so he can beat his wife, son, and dad at the 3D shoots. :wink:

Nails
02-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Willy you have to let them win for at least a year. Then you have a good reason to get your new bow. In the mean time find yourself a new magic :roll: fiberglass stick bow to tie you over. :lol: :lol:
Todd
Guys trust me on this, All Chris is trying to do is find some magic bow so he can beat his wife, son, and dad at the 3D shoots.

willyqbc
02-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Guys trust me on this, All Chris is trying to do is find some magic bow so he can beat his wife, son, and dad at the 3D shoots.

UH....NO!!

However, I will openly admit that I do have a fairly serious addiction.

My name is Chris............... and I'M A SPEED FREAK!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

It was only a matter of time before I had to get me the Bowtech Black Knight.....350fps 8O 8O YEEHAW!!!!

Soon as my boat and motor sell that bad boy is going on my bow rack!!! :D

Chris

Anonymous
02-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Ah come on Chris I think you would look cute next to your son, shooting your brand new fiberglass bow. One thing I can see is your son robin hood your arrow in the 12 ring. Boy are you going to get roasted. :lol: :lol:
Todd

willyqbc
02-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Ah come on Chris I think you would look cute next to your son, shooting your brand new fiberglass bow. One thing I can see is your son robin hood your arrow in the 12 ring. Boy are you going to get roasted.
Todd

You think one of them little red fibreglass jobs will have enough KE for my moose this year :?: :lol: :lol:

Actually,
I do have a recurve that i play around with from time to time, but i am truly HORRIBLE with that thing :? :( :cry: And the kid is gonna be blowing my doors off soon enough without me trying to shoot the stick bow!!!! :wink:

Chris

swamper
02-16-2004, 10:59 AM
I think Oldtimer is right. Chris is looking for the magic bow that will give him well over 300fsp at 60 lbs. I shoot with Chris on ak pretty regular basis and when he calls himself a speed freak, he really means it. And quit whining about your wife, she is a great lady.
All kidding aside, Chris is one heck of a shooter and a lot of fun to travel with. If any of you get a chance to come out to some of the shoots in the north, get to know the guy, you might even like him.
Swamper

willyqbc
02-16-2004, 08:40 PM
All kidding aside, Chris is one heck of a shooter and a lot of fun to travel with. If any of you get a chance to come out to some of the shoots in the north, get to know the guy, you might even like him.
Swamper

Same can be said for Swamper!

Hmmmm..... i think i'll print off a copy off this and carry it in my back pocket at the next shoot. That way, when your trash talkin starts I can pull it out and I won't feel so bad!!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

Chris

swamper
02-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi Chris. Spent some time up at Murray's yesterday setting up the AR34. I am putting on the dropaway that Murray uses. The only problem is that he doesn't seem to have any of the felt that he puts on the rest and the shelf. He said you might have some. Can you give me a quick call at work this today and let me know. I will be at the shop on Saturday to finish the set up and start sighting in the pins.
I hear that you are ordering a new bow. She finally gave in after all that grovelling a snivelling.. Let it be known that Samantha is not really the big meany you make her out to be.

willyqbc
02-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Your right swamper, guess she's not such a big meany after all!!! Don't know what the heck happened....one minute she's adamant that I gotta sell a bunch of stuff first, the next minute she's saying go ahead and order it :?: :?: :?: And I wasn't even being a pest about it! Don't know what happened but I'm not going to question it!! 8) As for the felt for your rest, I'll have a look around and let you know if I have any!

Chris

oldtimer
02-20-2004, 08:33 PM
What the hell do you mean , you can't figure it out ??? she sick and tired of those crocodile tears 24/7 should of seen him pouting at my place :cry:
I'll still have fun with my old bow and give him a run for his money.
Oldtimer

willyqbc
02-20-2004, 10:49 PM
GET REAL OLD MAN!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was sick as a dog at your place the other nite.....i really didn't pester her on this one....not to say I haven't in the past!! :wink:

Chris