PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit hunting in the fraser valley

nano
03-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I want to start rabbit hunting in the fraser valley but I dont know what cover to look for. Some people have told me to find blackberry bushes and walk around there.Also what load sould I use.

thanks
nano

Singleshotneeded
03-22-2009, 05:08 PM
:smile: Hey Nano, I've shot a ton of snowshoes with a 12 gauge shotgun, with modified choke, using #5 or #6 shot. I've always found them alongside forest roads or mountain clearings, at dusk...

nano
03-23-2009, 04:59 PM
thank singleshotneeded

Boombb
04-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Lots of em around, keep an eye out for areas that are open to the sun most of the day but close the heavy bush....

.17HR or .22 long semi-auto would be my choice for wabbit

Legi0n
04-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I want to start rabbit hunting in the fraser valley but I dont know what cover to look for. Some people have told me to find blackberry bushes and walk around there.Also what load sould I use.

thanks
nano

got the blackberry. How do I get the bunnies to call me?

Singleshotneeded
04-04-2009, 10:20 AM
:tongue: Funny, Yeah, old disused logging roads with heavy brush near the edges, and thick pine forest behind that...and close to a creek or water source(within a km or two, tops)... Use your gps or mapbook to find logging roads that pass close to water, and have brush on the edges, and you're off to a good start. They also like a bit of elevation, at least snowshoe hares do...