PDA

View Full Version : X-Force question

Kitimat Killer
03-21-2009, 02:40 PM
hey guys last year i bought the X-Force 6hf and love it, it's shooting really good groups im using the maxima 350's with blazer vanes and getting 300 fps out of it just wondering if there is any tunning tricks with the bow i should now about or don't worry about it
thanks alot

kk

danfloris
03-21-2009, 06:37 PM
not sure if you want more speed, but this is what i have.

2008 xforce6hf im pulling 70lbs.
arrows are radial x weave 300
29 inch draw
arrows are cut to 27 3/4inches
i shoot a 75 grain field point
3 inch right helical vanes
dropaway arrow rest
winners choice string
trigger

with the bow i get 337 feet per second consistently.

the arrows weigh 357 grains.

now my hunting bow is

2008 xforce6hf

everthing the same except the arrows are differnt and they have blazers.

the arrows are easton fullmetal jackets.
i cut them the same and shoot a 100 grain broadhead.

i get 307 feet per second.
the arrow weighs 447 grains.

i was getting much more speed every inch i cut off the arrows.
i have my arrows cut as short as i can get them.

i realize this isnt really tuning but take what you need from my hrs and hrs of shooting and cutting arrows.

Dan

Kitimat Killer
03-22-2009, 07:19 AM
ya im shooting

70pnd
28in draw
29in arrows
and are ruffly 376 grains
with the maxima 350
100 gr tip on them
dropaway rest also

ok thanks for the speed help looks like i got to shorten up my arrows to get a little more speed from them

kk

Dirty
03-22-2009, 07:40 AM
ya im shooting

70pnd
28in draw
29in arrows
and are ruffly 376 grains
with the maxima 350
100 gr tip on them
dropaway rest also

ok thanks for the speed help looks like i got to shorten up my arrows to get a little more speed from them

kk

Watch how short you cut them, or else you may not have enough clearance off the riser for broadheads!

danfloris
03-22-2009, 09:19 AM
this is also true, depending on what broadheads you are gonna use.
i shoot g5 montecs, but i have also shot slick tricks and sonic heads.
when i shoot the broadhead is right at the back of the riser almost touching the dropaway, so remember don't be sticking that index finger up in the air while shooting or say goodbye.

Kitimat Killer
03-22-2009, 02:50 PM
ya im shooting expandables so i should not have a factor on that but im going to check thanks for the advise

kk

jrjonesy
03-22-2009, 04:07 PM
hey guys last year i bought the X-Force 6hf and love it, it's shooting really good groups im using the maxima 350's with blazer vanes and getting 300 fps out of it just wondering if there is any tunning tricks with the bow i should now about or don't worry about it
thanks alot

kk

As fars as tuning tips, you may want to try and paper tune your bow to make sure the arrows are coming out straight and not fishtailing. You can have a lot of fishtailing with field tips and still shoot really tight groups but when you put broadheads on it may be another story. If you're already shooting tight groups with broadheads then you likely don't want to play around with anything.
Another advantage of having your arrows coming out straight is it will give you better penetration.

Eagle1
03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
I shoot a X-Force {2007} first year they came out, love it.
Go check out the PSE Archery Forums, they have a lot of good stuff on there about tuning the X-Forces and that way I don't have to "rewrite" it all.
Hvae a X-Force GX 2009 coming { soon I hope} Didn't order a "Omen" seen them after I ordered mine X-Force, maybe next year.

Kitimat Killer
03-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I shoot a X-Force {2007} first year they came out, love it.
Go check out the PSE Archery Forums, they have a lot of good stuff on there about tuning the X-Forces and that way I don't have to "rewrite" it all.
Hvae a X-Force GX 2009 coming { soon I hope} Didn't order a "Omen" seen them after I ordered mine X-Force, maybe next year.

im just getting into all the tunning now i was looking at my cams and seen the little line on the cams are off a little on both cams so do i just twist the buss cable to get them to line up?

kk

danfloris
04-01-2009, 12:38 PM
both of mine are the same from what i have heard if they are both off the exact same on both cams then you are fine, as for fixing it im not sure. both of mine were like that straight outta the box.