PDA

View Full Version : Broken bow

Evolution
03-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Well after who knows how many hours of shaving, measuring,rubbing, feeling etc. I broke the limb on my first self bow. I went to my mentor to piss and whine about it but he just handed me his websters and said sympathy is somwhere between shit and syphilis. gotta tell you it really hurt, the bow was looking so nice too. Oh well Im glad I didnt break it after I had backed it with my sinew. Oh well I got another stave im going to start on.

lilhoss
03-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Keep it,as a reminder of job well done, and not as an accident that wrecked your bow.You can be proud of that initial accomplishment.If you ever tackle another you can now have the appreciation of what went into making it.

mcrae
03-18-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't make bows myself but my brother does and I was with him when his pride and joy snapped. He had worked on that bow all winter, even the string and wraps where all natural. Moose hide and sinew it was really neat. I felt really bad for him. He just held it in his hands and stared for five minutes...

All he said was " good thing I don't have a TV I can kill another winter"...

He has since made a couple more and they are better because of the stuff he learned with the first one...