PDA

View Full Version : lower mainland duck hunting.

mike.
03-14-2009, 08:43 AM
being new to duck hunting I am trying to gather all the info I can before next season.
in the synopsis there is a section with a small map of fraser valley special licence hunting area. Is there a place I can pick up a more detailed map?
and does anyone have info on where I can buy the liability insurance?
This area appears to be right smack in the middle of town, is it all hunting on private land, or is there lots of public land walk?

Sorry about the rookie questions, but if you dont ask, you dont know.
thanks all

sneg
03-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Mike,you'll have liability insurance once you become member of BCWF.
You can become member directly (apply on line) or if you join any Gun and Rod Club. With BCWF card you can buy Fraser valey license.Plases ,which sell licenses typically willhave map as well. Right there is lot of public land as well.

Dirty
03-14-2009, 09:03 AM
If you have house insurance you can use it as your policy for the Special Area Permit. Rather than join the BCWF directly, I would join a local gun range, it is worthwhile because you are basically paying money that would be going to a BCWF membership towards your range fees. With the range membership you get the BCWF membership, insurance coverage, and a resourceful network of people for all aspects of hunting, firearms, archery, and so forth. I am a huge advocate of people joining gun ranges, there are lots of perks including meat shoots and safe/covered facilities for shooting and sighting in rifles.