PDA

View Full Version : '08 Muley Euro is now home!

Mr. Dean
03-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Courtesy of Ray Weins Taxi (HBC Sponsor).

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0003a.jpg

Glad to have it home - Looks GREAT sitting beside the last Euro that Ray did for us.

You Da Man, Ray!

Thanks. :smile:

Manglinmike
03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Now thats a one off rack complete with a burl.

Mr. Dean
03-10-2009, 03:37 PM
The pic doesn't show it off but the front point on the same side as the burl, is also bladed out. :cool:

I like how it looks like a devils fork. :evil:

shaner338
03-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Very cool!! One of a kind!!

quackquackbang
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
looks awsome!!!:cool:

ElectricDyck
03-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Looks good MrDean! I saw your next bit of taxidermy at his shop and I'm very jealous, very cool!

Sitkaspruce
03-10-2009, 04:12 PM
SO that is what the rack looks like!!!!!!!!;)

Nice mount Mt Dean and cudoo's to Ray Wiens for the excellent work!!!

Cheers

SS

Mr. Dean
03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Looks good MrDean! I saw your next bit of taxidermy at his shop and I'm very jealous, very cool!

shhhh. Top Secret - Strictly Confidentail. :wink:

SO that is what the rack looks like!!!!!!!!;)

Nice mount Mt Dean and cudoo's to Ray Wiens for the excellent work!!!

Cheers

SS

What???? You didn't appreciate the picture of a cut tag and empty case?

Or is it that you didn't believe me? :tongue:

Ambush
03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Very nice!! I'm starting to think that a clean Euro like that is nicer than a full mount.
Is that the color it was when you shot it? Freshly rubbed off?

Manglinmike
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I shot a 4pt with a burl on the same tine, but the tine ended up bent down and almost pinchihg down on the main beam,we called it the PINCHER BUCK

Elkhound
03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Looks great Dean......Very cool...may have to do one...if I can ever get a buck worthy of a mount.;-)

Rays work is incredible....was in his shop on the weekend and that guys work just gets better and better.

Looked at your wifes mount.....will look good. Even if the head is facing the wrong way LMAO

cainer
03-10-2009, 11:24 PM
That's a great looking rack.

Mr. Dean
03-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Very nice!! I'm starting to think that a clean Euro like that is nicer than a full mount.

Euro's CAN'T possibly replace a nicely done shoulder mount,,,, but they do hold there own ground and have merit, I believe. They're also an easily afforded way in displaying a Trophy and are worth every penny spent, then some.

I first spotted this guy on July 28/08 and he was just starting to slip his velvet then. The buck fell to my .300 Winny, on Sept 11/08 and yes, the colour is very close to what it was that very day. Other than a super light swipe of linseed oil to help make the grain of the antlers 'pop', it's about as natural as natural can be - I just like the way the oil defines the horn character. :smile:

Mr. Dean
03-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Looks great Dean......Very cool...may have to do one...if I can ever get a buck worthy of a mount.;-)

Rays work is incredible....was in his shop on the weekend and that guys work just gets better and better.

Looked at your wifes mount.....will look good. Even if the head is facing the wrong way LMAO

OMG!!! Ray's gonna have a fit - He'll now be staying up all night thinking that people, are out there thinking that he puts heads on backwards. :shock:

....And who am I to say any different. :lol:

But you're right - That beast is gonna look sweet, even with a twisted up noggin'. :tongue:

When it comes, the Euro's will be needing new residence. With them sitting on my TV/audio cabinet, they simply won't allow enough wall room for it.

Dilemmas.......

Good news is, is that Mrs. Dean gets REALLY receptive with new ideas, once I 'slip' her some of my meds. :roll:

sawmill
03-11-2009, 04:15 AM
Very nice!What does something like that cost?

Reeves
03-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Dilemmas.......

Good news is, is that Mrs. Dean gets REALLY receptive with new ideas, once I 'slip' her some of my meds. :roll:

:lol:

Good looking job on the Antlers & style of mount !

Mr. Dean
03-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Very nice!What does something like that cost?

778 241 0208

Give 'em a dingle and tell him I sent ya. :wink:

Steeleco
03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
tell him I sent ya. :wink:

Don't do that it may cost you double!!! :eek::eek:

Mr. Dean
03-11-2009, 09:19 AM

You know what..... I'm now looking at these horns and comparing them to that pic - The tones look 'warmer'.

I made the shot using available light coming in through a set of sliding doors. The back ground is my kitchen wall. It looks as though light has reflected off it, casting its tones with it, as well.

If ya wanna pay me,,,, I'll set it up all over again and wait for the light to cast directly onto the mount, yielding a 'better' tonal image. That, or we could set up the lights....

Your choice. At $65/hr, I'm pretty easy. :lol: ;) :lol:

But remember, I'm a novice and while the houly rate appears cheap, I make up for it in time while fumbling around. :razz:

358win
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh look...the sun came out ;)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0003a1.jpg

Mr. Dean
03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
For the curious:

Under artificial light - Double bounced flash from above and directed slightly behind camera (impromptu umbrella). Exposure value of +4 to allow for travel time. Subject is pulled away from wall and meter balanced for subject only (wall is no longer showing 'true' colour). Whereas before, the meter compensated for total image.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0010a.jpg

This one was taken in "open shade" with an exposure value of +1 to allow a little more detail in the shadows. Positioning was near identical as above pic, metering was done as above, also.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0007a.jpg

There you have it, take your pic. ;)

All shots are 'correct', just depends on what lighting ya like better. I just like the wall colouring in the opening pic (less drab looking).

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0003a.jpg

TIKA 300
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Either pic (or setting,thou i like the 1st best) thats one nice rack Mr D.

TK

Manglinmike
03-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I noticed that it was said that your wife's mount was nice,very politically correct,good work gentlemen.

BCBear
03-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice work Deano on the burly rack, ..I too have seen your next piece of art.. and it looks really really good.

Ambush
03-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the additional photos. As per your stated rates, please submit your invoice to my accounts payable. And please be patient as that department is understaffed.

Actually I was wondering about the colour, because I have a rack thats bone white, after stripping the velvet. If yours is coloured it looks real good.

Johnnybear
03-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Very nice Mr. Dean:cool:.

Mr. Dean
03-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the additional photos. As per your stated rates, please submit your invoice to my accounts payable. And please be patient as that department is understaffed.

Actually I was wondering about the colour, because I have a rack thats bone white, after stripping the velvet. If yours is coloured it looks real good.

It is what it is. I personally don't like to alter what is natural - Scars, blemishes, knocked out teeth, all stay "as so" as I believe it adds character and 'builds' the trophy. If I thought a subject needed altering in order to display better, then it likely won't be hung on my wall. But to confess, I can't see any that wouldn't qualify either as I truly admire the stuff.

Now if you want to know 'how' to darken yours (I can respect personal choice), I've seen Ray do it with horns that were sun-bleached, and I gotta admit, they looked pretty darn good when finished - Give 'em a call and tell him, Elkhound sent ya. :mrgreen:

No worries on the invoice as our Accounts Receivable has a policy of discounting 10% if payment is made within 10 days of postmark - You know, just to be nice. And if things go 30 days, we let Bubba 'handle' it. :wink:

I'm sure that your business, will be a pleasure. :razz:

And the rest of you guyz,,,, Quite using sentences with my wife, and the word 'mount' in them. It's wiggin' me out. :shock:

Bubba's b o r e d and looking for sumthing/someone to do...

Cheers!

Johnnybear
03-12-2009, 12:08 AM
And the rest of you guyz,,,, Quite using sentences with my wife, and the word 'mount' in them. It's wiggin' me out. :smile:

X2. Very distasteful:cool:.

I think you meant quit not quite (sorry had to do it before the spelling police show up:lol:).

Mr. Dean
03-12-2009, 12:20 AM
X2. Very distasteful:cool:.

I think you meant quit not quite (sorry had to do it before the spelling police show up:lol:).

haha - Got me!

I'm gonna leave it, just to drive the OCD's a little nutty. :eek:

kishman
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Handsome mount Dean very unique, congrats.

-km

huntwriter
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Very nice Mr. Dean. In my opinion nothing looks better than a European Mount to really make the antlers stand out.

Mr. Dean
03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Very nice Mr. Dean. In my opinion nothing looks better than a European Mount to really make the antlers stand out.

Yeh,,, but you're European and therefore, biased. :razz:

They ARE nice! Much more appealing than a rack on a plague IMO. And when they're set up on pedestals, easy to find parking space for.

Mr. Dean
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words, people. If any of ya are around and want a showing (aka; excuse for a beer), I could be persuaded.... :smile:

Mr. Dean
03-14-2009, 01:37 AM
I did a 1st today.... I ended up finding myself in :shock:Fabricland:shock:, looking for camo printed materials. And whaddya know,,, in their bargain corner they had Seclusion3D, selling for a mere 4 bucks/meter.

I thought it would make for a nice backdrop and bought 3 meters of it - I then went on back home and re-opened Ambush's invoice. :razz:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0003_edited-12.jpg

Ambush, thanks for the biz, man. It's been a slice! :wink:

Elkhound
03-14-2009, 10:22 AM
......I like it

pupper
03-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Awesome rack, and Awesome job by Ray!

Phil
03-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Very cool rack! It has a unique gnarliness to it.

Mr. Dean
03-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Very cool rack! It has a unique gnarliness to it.

Wanna trade me for your last bear skin??? :cool:

I'll even include the Seclusion3D material...

Ambush
03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
No problem Mr. D.. This will require a seperate invoice of course. Please be patient, as I had to fire my payables manager. I found out that he hunts with a crossbow.:eek: Please feel free to submit any further professional expenses.

I thought it would make for a nice backdrop and bought 3 meters of it - I then went on back home and re-opened Ambush's invoice. :razz:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0006_edited-1.jpg

Ambush, thanks for the biz, man. It's been a slice! :wink:

Mr. Dean
03-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Wanna trade me for your last bear skin??? :cool:

I'll even include the Seclusion3D material...

And if THAT isn't enough.....

No problem Mr. D.. This will require a seperate invoice of course. Please be patient, as I had to fire my payables manager. I found out that he hunts with a crossbow.:eek: Please feel free to submit any further professional expenses.

[i]

Ya can have my accounts receivables, too. :p

Mr. Dean
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
A close-up of the burl and bladed tine I mentioned:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0014a1.jpg