PDA

View Full Version : ID the Mule Deer and ID the Blacktail Deer.

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I was trying to figure something out in another thread and it didn't quite work so well because of geography claims. So lets forget where the pic's were taken and base our opinions on what is on hand. :smile:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0014a.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0005a.jpg

Both deer are 'about' the same age as both had spikes. I shot both pics and know that the top Deer's horn was about half as tall as the others. Each picture was taken on July 30th 2008, 1 hr and 10 minutes apart. The metadata encrypted in the pics will confirm this.

- The ears on the top deer are longer and not as round.
- The ass difference is obvious.

Which Deer is from which species then, or are they of the same?

lilhoss
02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
top one -muley,bottom one -blacktail

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
top one is definitely mule deer. you can tell by the white rump and skinny tail. bottom looks to be blacktail. where were the pics taken?

Location not matters. I'm just trying to figure out the "whats what"

Steeleco
02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Mulie and Blacktail, in that order. But does it really matter, I'd cut the same tag MLOL!!

greatwhitehunter
02-27-2009, 03:01 PM
I would have to agree; Mulie then Blacktail!

Dannybuoy
02-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Hmmm not being familiar with the blacktail .. . just what is the difference between the 2 ? (pics) the ears are somewhat the same....hard to tell as the top ones are up , likewise with the tails/rumps . I would have callled them both mulies ..

3kills
02-27-2009, 03:15 PM
i would say both mulies..but then again i dont hunt blacktails

Wild one
02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
mule then blacktail

Dannybuoy
02-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Having now done a quick "google" on the blacktail deer ...it would seem that even the "experts" would have a hard time telling the differnce on at least some mulie/blacktail (without dna testing) as apperantly the mulie is a cross between the whitey and the blacktail ... so that would suggest to me that depending on which characteristics the animal had is how it would look ? too much thinking for me ... I 'll call them all Mulies ...even if the blacktails are stunted little suckers ... :shock:

elkdom
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
first picture is a "muley", second picture s a "blacktail", I will include a thumbnail of a "genuine" muley rump

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Hmmm not being familiar with the blacktail .. . just what is the difference between the 2 ? (pics) the ears are somewhat the same....hard to tell as the top ones are up , likewise with the tails/rumps . I would have callled them both mulies ..

Top Bucks ears are more elongated and look like 'handles'. Whereas bottom Bucks are not and seem more 'pan' shaped.

Top Deer has lg. rump patch whereas bottom Deers is all but absent - The only white it exhibits is pretty much a vertical strip that's not much more than its tails width.

I look at the pics and see 2 different specimens, clearly.......

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 03:38 PM
.......apperantly the mulie is a cross between the whitey and the blacktail ...

Never heard this before.

Interesting.

Dannybuoy
02-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Top Bucks ears are more elongated and look like 'handles'. Whereas bottom Bucks are not and seem more 'pan' shaped.

Top Deer has lg. rump patch whereas bottom Deers is all but absent - The only white it exhibits is pretty much a vertical strip that's not much more than its tails width.
Not that obvious to me as the angles are so different ... also when looking at website photo's of blacktails .. some have the large white rumps .... some dont ... since Mulies are hybrids .. some would have more blacktail traits than others no?

Dannybuoy
02-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Never heard this before.

Interesting.
Read this on the internet ... must be true :smile:
http://www.blacktailcountry.com/html/blkpage.htm

elkdom
02-27-2009, 03:40 PM
mule deer "rump" similar lighter color, as elk, antelope,

blacktail "rump" generally same color as rest of body, similar to the "whitetail deer", only the "balcktail" deer has small black tip at lowest part of a tail mostly same color as the entire baody of the "blacktail" deer,,,

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 03:44 PM
first picture is a "muley", second picture s a "blacktail", I will include a thumbnail of a "genuine" muley rump

That's a fine lookin' piece of 'A'. :lol:

elkdom
02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
That's a fine lookin' piece of 'A'. :lol:

YOU FIRST!:wink:

3kills
02-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Never heard this before.

Interesting.

i have heard and read that several times now a few times on here...

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 03:52 PM
DB,

I'm of the understanding that BT's are a sub-species *of* the MD. "Cousins" so to speak but with definite distinctions.

Guess we went to different schools.... :wink:

Dannybuoy
02-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Also this from our government
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/wld/documents/muledeer.pdf

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Were gettin' side-showed but I will read over the materials.

Q. You honestly don't see difference between the two pics?

elkdom
02-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Were gettin' side-showed but I will read over the materials.

Q. You honestly don't see difference between the two pics?

there are none so blind, as those that will not see :eek:

Dannybuoy
02-27-2009, 04:10 PM
the ears are a question mark because of the different look ... one is face on looking right at you , listening .. the other is up and in flight ...
the rear on the upper one appears to have a larger white area but that could be because of the angle ... the tails both look to have black tips ... a characteristic of both blacktails and mulies .... according to what I have just read although blacktails sometimes have all black tails ..

amerikazmoswanted23
02-27-2009, 04:38 PM
blacktail / whitetail hybrid i've heard of them being seen more often up the north tompson area lately, so my bet it was somewhere around that area

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 05:08 PM
[quote=Dannybuoy;418782]
the ears are a question mark because of the different look ... one is face on looking right at you , listening .. the other is up and in flight ...

The one thats fleeing away would look even longer if they were standing straight up.

the rear on the upper one appears to have a larger white area but that could be because of the angle

No - Look at how the tail lies in the bottom pic... there's virtual little patch on this deer. Obviously MUCH more on the upper pic.

... the tails both look to have black tips ... a characteristic of both blacktails and mulies .... according to what I have just read although blacktails sometimes have all black tails ..

Agreed.

Also - Tales are of different shape (broad VS thin'ish).... Also missing 'throat patch' on lower pic. This would also support BT logic.

Got that from one of your posted links. :wink:

Dannybuoy
02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
[quote=Dannybuoy;418782]

The one thats fleeing away would look even longer if they were standing straight up.

No - Look at how the tail lies in the bottom pic... there's virtual little patch on this deer. Obviously MUCH more on the upper pic.

Agreed.

Also - Tales are of different shape (broad VS thin'ish).... Also missing 'throat patch' on lower pic. This would also support BT logic.

Got that from one of your posted links. :wink:
Yeah , now that you point it out , I agree ...
Either way I'd let the little imps walk ... not alot of meat on those bones .

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
They walked. :smile:

mrdoog
02-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Same deer in both pictures, he's just clenching his cheeks together in the second picture.

ryanb
02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
No real rump patch on the second, obviously makes it a blacktail.

rifleman
02-27-2009, 05:39 PM
top one -muley,bottom one -blacktail
same as I would say

leadpillproductions
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
mulie amd blacktail not that hard to tell the difference

mark
02-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Who cares they not worth shooting! :)

bruin
02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
First one's a mulie, second is a hybrid. Let the games begin!

358win
02-27-2009, 07:35 PM
goin' for popcorn...

kennyj
02-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Both Mule deer.Second one has a very narrow tail.
kenny

115 or bust
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
My first look is mulie, then blacktail. Seen thousands of blacktails never seen one with a white butt like a mulie. Blacktails typically look like whitetails with a black tip on the tail. They even wave their big white flags when they run away. Dannybouy is right too the Blacktail is a much older specimen and you can see the change from whitetail to mulie with some blacktails having perfect 4point whitetail style racks and others going to the bifurcated mulie rack.

Dannybuoy
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM
My first look is mulie, then blacktail. Seen thousands of blacktails never seen one with a white butt like a mulie. Blacktails typically look like whitetails with a black tip on the tail. They even wave their big white flags when they run away.
Ahh that sounds like easy way to tell the difference .. some good info for those of us that didnt know that !

dino
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
I was trying to figure something out in another thread and it didn't quite work so well because of geography claims. So lets forget where the pic's were taken and base our opinions on what is on hand. :smile:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0014a.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0005a.jpg

Both deer are 'about' the same age as both had spikes. I shot both pics and know that the top Deer's horn was about half as tall as the others. Each picture was taken on July 30th 2008, 1 hr and 10 minutes apart. The metadata encrypted in the pics will confirm this.

Which Deer is from which species then, or are they of the same?
I was up at empire this year and we saw the exact same thing

Mr. Dean
02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Blacktails typically look like whitetails with a black tip on the tail.

When I had this guy in the viewfinder, that was my initial thought (Whitetail). It wasn't until I had it up on the comutron back at camp, that I realized this wasn't what I thought it too be.

115 or bust
02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
The sitka spruce and elderberries in the slash, and the cedar in the background on the top sure make the location for that top deer to be close to the coast which would mean it was a different variety of blacktail than I am used to seeing, if it has the white rump. Just looking through Erwin Bauers Deer and their world and he has a pic of a blacktail with a white rump. Never personally seen it on the island or on the mainland inlets however.

115 or bust
02-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Muley's don't live on the coast because they don't have the right fur to survive the constant damp. Blacktails and I belive Columbian whitetails as well have hollow fur which allows them to stay warmer when completely soaked and also makes their fur better for dry flies. So I have to say the first pic has my kinda stumped lol. Although it could be from the interior wet belt I suppose that would allow you to have a mulie in habitat that otherwise looks like its from the coast. My guess remains the same first one mulie second blacktail.

ElkMasterC
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
This thread's teats must be sore.
It's getting milked pretty hard.

Blainer
02-28-2009, 05:31 PM
DB,

I'm of the understanding that BT's are a sub-species *of* the MD. "Cousins" so to speak but with definite distinctions.

Guess we went to different schools.... :wink:For many years the Columbian Blacktail Deer has been considered a subspecies of the Mule deer, however recent DNA testing has proven this not to be the case. In Valerius Geist's informative book Mule Deer Country he explains that by testing the mitochondrial DNA (the mothers DNA ) of the three species (blacktail, whitetail and mule deer), researchers have now determined that it was the mating of Whitetail does and Blacktail buck's that gave rise to the Mule deer and not the opposite as was once suspected
I believe them to both be blacktail,the top picture is tough to identify as it is on the run and not standing natural,like the second picture.

115 or bust
02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Heres a pic of a few typical vancouver island Blacktailshttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/%3Ca%20href=%22http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll295/115orbust/?action=view&current=DSC_1703.jpg%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3 Cimg%20src=%22http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll295/115orbust/DSC_1703.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22blacktai l%20butts%22%3E%3C/a%3E

115 or bust
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
lets try that againhttp://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll295/115orbust/DSC_1703.jpg

115 or bust
02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
And here's that flag response I was talking about.http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll295/115orbust/DSC_1660.jpg

kennyj
02-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Here's another BT from the Island.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Deer_caribou_etc_014.jpg

115 or bust
02-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Nice pic ken

PGK
02-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Look like Odocoileus hemionus to me. Blacktail, mulie. Same thing, different ecotype. I don't get why people get so bent out of shape over this...

shoot to kill
02-28-2009, 09:46 PM
definitely both hybrids.

Elkhound
02-28-2009, 10:15 PM
top mulie
bottom blacktail

And I too have read the articles in mags and on the web that dna proves that mulies are the hybrid.

Mr. Dean
03-01-2009, 01:01 AM
top mulie
bottom blacktail

And I too have read the articles in mags and on the web that dna proves that mulies are the hybrid.

All moot. All I'm wanting is affirmation that these two Deer are of different species an if so, what type.... Not a lesson on DNA studies. :wink:

The sitka spruce and elderberries in the slash, and the cedar in the background on the top sure make the location for that top deer to be close to the coast which would mean it was a different variety of blacktail than I am used to seeing, if it has the white rump. Just looking through Erwin Bauers Deer and their world and he has a pic of a blacktail with a white rump. Never personally seen it on the island or on the mainland inlets however.

Try forgetting whats surrounding them... Picture these animals in a zoo and make the call.

ElkMasterC
03-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Sorry, but what the Hell, Mr Dean?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ILostMyHalo/Milking/milking.gif

Mr. Dean
03-01-2009, 01:12 AM
This thread's teats must be sore.
It's getting milked pretty hard.

EMC, whats your honest answer to my question?

A lot of guys are lookin' but aren't contributing. It be nice too see some more participation. :smile:

mr.280
03-01-2009, 10:19 PM
The top buck looks like a mulie-blacktail cross.Notice the small line of hide colouring running down the tail to the black tip.I have havested a few like this north of Pemberton and in other spots where thier ranges overlap.When you see a true interior mulie all of the tail is white down to the black tip. I would say that the second photo is a blacktail,no large white rump and the tail is hide coloured right down to the black tip.

Mr. Dean
03-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Here's a super blow-up of the top picture:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0014b.jpg

I *think* that where the tail actually starts, is cream coloured.

Nothin' like a good game of "Ungulate CSI". :razz:

ElkMasterC
03-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Why, Dude...why?

Seriously

Mr. Dean
03-02-2009, 02:45 AM
Why, Dude...why?

Seriously

In all honesty.... too help 'me'. :oops:

I don't get to see all that many 'good' looks at BT's and when I do,,,, They pretty much look exactly like the one in the lower pic.... I have showed this pic to several people and pretty much all of them discount it being a BT, based solely on geographics.

I found that confusing and wondered what the hell it was then and if or not, I was off my rocker. :confused:

Short answer; Educational Purposes. :smile:

Seriously.

ElkMasterC
03-02-2009, 03:21 AM
The first pic is certainly a Mule Deer.
The second pic, based on tail (essentially...don't we base our lives on tail?) is a Blacktail.
There is no white rump, no rope-like tail with a black end, and without racks or winter plumage.......
Now tell us..is there something amiss?

Mr. Dean
03-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Synonyms: amiss, afield, astray, awry, wrong

These adverbs mean not in the right or expected way: spoke amiss; straying far afield; afraid the letter would go astray; thinking awry; plans that went wrong.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Not really. I gotta admit though, I do wonder why its so hard for some people to recognize it being so (the BT being a BT; uneducated people exempted)....

As long as I'm confident in that I'm not "losing it", I'm good!

And that's all that matters.

ElkMasterC
03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Allrighty then.
What do we win?

Mr. Dean
03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Allrighty then.
What do we win?

No prize.

You get to sleep sound at night knowing that you freed one from a world of turmoil and chaos - This should make you feel warm-n-fuzzy enough. Anything more is just plain greedy. :razz:

kennyj
03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I still think the second deer is a mule deer with a very narrow rump patch.The tail looks to narrow for a BT. IMO
kenny

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 01:00 AM
I still think the second deer is a mule deer with a very narrow rump patch.The tail looks to narrow for a BT. IMO
kenny

This one's for you, kennyj;

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0005b.jpg

This tail, too me, looks massively broad/thick when compared to a MD's tail.

Someone earlier describes a MD tail as that of a "rope with a black knob at the end" - Which is exactly what we have in the MD enlargement, but not here (great description BTW).

You drink lots, kennyj? :razz: :lol: :lol: :wink:

In all honesty that's ( /\ /\ /\ ) just a fun 'shot'... Your arguments are what I was hoping for out of this thread - After all, I've been known to have a few too!

Thanks. :smile:

kennyj
03-03-2009, 06:44 AM
OK.It does look a lot thicker in the enlargement.Probably a BT.
kenny

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 10:30 AM
OK.It does look a lot thicker in the enlargement.Probably a BT.
kenny

Alrighty then. :wink:

horshur
03-03-2009, 11:44 AM
they are both mulies. Dean you cannot judge absolute in the context of one picture it is much too narrow a view.

Dirty
03-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Dean where was the Blacktail picture taken? I am not asking specifics, I am asking Geographic area. Is it within conventional Blacktail range or is it well outside where they are typically found. I am just curious on this fact. To me one is Muley the Other is Blacktail, however, they both fall under the same tag, and if they gots the antlers its go time.

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
they are both mulies. Dean you cannot judge absolute in the context of one picture it is much too narrow a view.

Explain please. What's missing?

Dirty
03-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Dean answer my question! I have my hand in the air waving it here, pick me pick me.

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Dean where was the Blacktail picture taken? I am not asking specifics, I am asking Geographic area. Is it within conventional Blacktail range or is it well outside where they are typically found. I am just curious on this fact. To me one is Muley the Other is Blacktail, however, they both fall under the same tag, and if they gots the antlers its go time.

Not conventional.... Far from 'being' conventional.

Also, antlers are probably the least 'ideal' form of ID'ing any Deer. Mainly because not only do they do "weird" things but because ID'ing has to take into account for; guys like mine (spikes) and Doe's too.

horshur
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Dean.....you are being obtuse.

jump the buck and all questions will be answered..

Dirty
03-03-2009, 12:21 PM
It could be a rare genetic throwback, kind of like white people having black kids. LOL. It is a throwback freakish blacktail in Muley Country. Get the pick up and chase that ba$tard out of town with pitch forks. ____________ Insert Chew Spittin, Hay Throwin', Cousin Lovin' Redneck Mob music here.:tongue:

Check this video out:
http://www.afroromance.com/blog/white-mother-white-father-black-baby.htm

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Dean.....you are being obtuse.

jump the buck and all questions will be answered..

ob⋅tuse

adjective

1.not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull.
2.not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.
3.(of a leaf, petal, etc.) rounded at the extremity.
4.indistinctly felt or perceived, as pain or sound.

Don't really know what to say, horshur. :???:

I'm missing it. How about throwing me a bone on this one?

Give me your reasoning on why this deer is a MD.... "Impossible" doesn't say much.

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Check this video out:
http://www.afroromance.com/blog/white-mother-white-father-black-baby.htm

The momma of that baby doesn't even KNOW who/what her daddy was. :shock:

Well, I said it in another thread so WTH.... This pic was shot within 15 miles of Clearwater. I could walk you into the exact spot he was standing. Time-lines of the picture metadata also coincide with trip receipts - I can prove my claims.

Dirty, I think in this case it's more likely that a herd of deer went for a walk. :wink:

Regardless of "how" it got there (migration, regressed genes waking up, spaceship), There's BT's in them there hills!

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
horshur, is it your belief that there's no such thing as a BT and that BT and MD are of all the same breed?

.... I'm still trying to figure out your last response.

horshur
03-03-2009, 02:34 PM
I am saying that if you just spooked that deer you would know...that if it actualy was from clearwater than you would know period...

but like I said before without context you cannot be 100% sure at that picture at that second at that view..

you said it was from clearwater and so...muley.

I'm betting in fall you would not have any trouble IDing this deer but in transitional coat and being a yearling it is not as clear in that one millisecond you took the pick but as I stated before context would make it very clear.

wolverine
03-03-2009, 02:52 PM
top one is definitely mule deer. you can tell by the white rump and skinny tail. bottom looks to be blacktail. where were the pics taken?

Beat me to it. Ditto.

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Please play with me a bit on this and DON'T take anything of what I'm about to say, personal. It's so far from that, its not even funny.

If I'm asking of stuff that's been already posted in other threads (hybrid, ect. threads), I likely haven't read them because I had no interest in said thread(s).

And please accept everything that I have stated about this deers locale, as being gospel.

Thanks.

I am saying that if you just spooked that deer you would know...that if it actualy was from clearwater than you would know period...

but like I said before without context you cannot be 100% sure at that picture at that second at that view..

you said it was from clearwater and so...muley.

I'm betting in fall you would not have any trouble IDing this deer but in transitional coat and being a yearling it is not as clear in that one millisecond you took the pick but as I stated before context would make it very clear.

- I don't understand your term; "Without Context". What more should I be looking for (besides DNA sampling)?

- If a Biologist came across this Deer, how would he/she go about "labeling" it? Would they say that because its in area 'xyz', it's a MD, too?

Guess I'm having a hard time accepting that we *can't* call this a BT on the attributes its exhibiting (as is, in pic) and want further reasoning on *why* we can't.

I'd appreciate your opinion on this.

horshur
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Please play with me a bit on this and DON'T take anything of what I'm about to say, personal. It's so far from that, its not even funny.

If I'm asking of stuff that's been already posted in other threads (hybrid, ect. threads), I likely haven't read them because I had no interest in said thread(s).

And please accept everything that I have stated about this deers locale, as being gospel.

Thanks.

- I don't understand your term; "Without Context". What more should I be looking for (besides DNA sampling)?

- If a Biologist came across this Deer, how would he/she go about "labeling" it? Would they say that because its in area 'xyz', it's a MD, too?

Guess I'm having a hard time accepting that we *can't* call this a BT on the attributes its exhibiting (as is, in pic) and want further reasoning on *why* we can't.

I'd appreciate your opinion on this.

Dean spook the buck and I bet it would have stotted.

Mr. Dean
03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Dean spook the buck and I bet it would have stotted.

That's an unknown. He went straight up that bank and was outta sight after doing so... We can only use info on hand (bets don't get paid if we can't get a resolve).

Clearwater = No BT's.

The statement just seems bold, absolute and Final. Can you offer anything more to it, in ways of reasoning?

After all, it just a deer... It's not like you contracted a terminal disease or sumthin' of the like. :wink:

ryanb
03-03-2009, 08:11 PM
How about these two?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rbumali/IMG_3850.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/rbumali/IMG_3854.jpg

kennyj
03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I figured it was a mulie.
kenny

ryanb
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
In this area, I have seen mulie bucks mating blacktail does several times. Mulies and blacktails produce viable offsping as far as I know.

horshur
03-03-2009, 09:09 PM
That's an unknown. He went straight up that bank and was outta sight after doing so... We can only use info on hand (bets don't get paid if we can't get a resolve).

Clearwater = No BT's.

The statement just seems bold, absolute and Final. Can you offer anything more to it, in ways of reasoning?

After all, it just a deer... It's not like you contracted a terminal disease or sumthin' of the like. :wink:

Dean.....we don't hunt pictures we hunt deer.

Mr. Dean
03-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Dean.....we don't hunt pictures we hunt deer.

Ok........... have you seen *Mule Deer* that look like this, up there before? And if so, what kind of ratio (estimate, of course)?

ElkMasterC
03-04-2009, 01:58 AM
How about these two?

That's cool how that deer let you grab its tail like that.

Mr. Dean
03-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Hey ryan, start your own. This'll only confuse EMC.

Thanks.

ElkMasterC
03-04-2009, 03:09 AM
Yes, as we all know, there's a dearth of "ID the Mule Deer...or wait......could it be a Blacktail???" Threads on this site.

And I am easily confused, as Mr Dean said.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/smileyroadkill.gif

ryanb
03-06-2009, 11:12 PM
What it comes down to though, is does it really make a lick of difference if you can ID the difference between a mulie, blacktail, or a hybrid of both? no. However, you should be able to I D a whitetail.

slashhunter
09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
How about these two?
that guy is forsure a hybird of mule deer and a blacktail. do you have a picture of the face?