PDA

View Full Version : Another Clearewater Deer.

Mr. Dean
02-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Here's another one that got filed in the Junk-Drawer:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0001-1a.jpg

Really nice pic but man,,, is that UGLY or what?

Not just because she's a WT (:roll:), but whats goin on with all the hair loss?
And what's that baseball sized knob on her rear inner leg all about??

Gotta admit though, she's got some real purdy eye-lashes! :-P

sfire436
02-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Thicken up the neck, but some booners on it's head and let it grow some balls, then re post please!

TIKA 300
02-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Dont let them purdy white tail eyes fool ya......:biggrin:

Even with a whitey doe draw,who would want something with whiskers....LOL

elkdom
02-26-2009, 02:17 PM
many deer look like that in spring, heavy winter fur falls away the longer thin summer hair cant keep up in growth, makes them look awful , they look repulsive to say the least!, long ugly "turkey necks, hairless face, yeachh!, after a long winter the deer's system tends to go to rejuvenate the body, before the hair, as you can see the deer is very thin, a result of winter weight loss, a for the "BIG" knob on inside of inner leg, that's a scent gland, its there all the time, just not so noticeable as when the hair/fur is very thin,,, and I agree "whitetails" are OOGLEE ! :|

Mr. Dean
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks Elkdom. I don't have any "hands on" experience with deer, other than Muley's.

Pic was taken on Aug 1st 2008.

- That scent gland just seems HUGE! from what I've seen on Mule Deer bucks, when in rut.
- Wouldn't the coat transition be done by then?

elkdom
02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks Elkdom. I don't have any "hands on" experience with deer, other than Muley's.

Pic was taken on Aug 1st 2008.

- That scent gland just seems HUGE! from what I've seen on Mule Deer bucks, when in rut.
- Wouldn't the coat transition be done by then?

sometimes it takes many months for game to recover from weight loss, winter stress, she maybe had a fawn which even takes more from her system, lessening her chances of being "fat" by the following winter, Aug 1 pic says she is not doing real well this far into summer, but all of Aug,Sept and some of Oct should give her a good feed before severe winter takes another toll on her,

Mr. Dean
02-26-2009, 03:13 PM
sometimes it takes many months for game to recover from weight loss, winter stress, she maybe had a fawn which even takes more from her system, lessening her chances of being "fat" by the following winter, Aug 1 pic says she is not doing real well this far into summer, but all of Aug,Sept and some of Oct should give her a good feed before severe winter takes another toll on her,

.... Or be on the menu of a Wolf. :razz:

We can make all the excuses we want/desire,,,

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0004a.jpg

But she's still UGLY!
Extremely tasty though.... Not that I poached this one (WT in general, are yummers). :redface:

elkdom
02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
almost a nourishing as "TAG SOUP" that skinnee whitey doe!, poached or fried ,it still wouldn't be much of a meal! :wink:

Mr. Dean
02-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I hear ya - She's definately NOT a good example.

Just look at her in that 2nd pic... She even looks ashamed to be caught out in the daylight. :lol: :lol:

Slee
02-26-2009, 04:08 PM
not much meat on them bones!!!

Mr. Dean
02-26-2009, 04:26 PM
I still think that that tarsal is goin' to explode... Could be because of her condition I guess, but when I look at it I tend to duck, just in case it starts to spew! (insert scenes from Ghost Busters, here: ________ ).

PGK
02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
I call BS, no does in region three, nothing but monster bucks

martyonthewater
02-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Is it not fairly common for both deer and moose in the clearwater region to have a fair no. of cysts and such. I seem to remember that as being a topic of discussion in that region when i was a kid

Mr. Dean
02-27-2009, 12:38 AM
In general, easy for all ungulates, from anywhere, I think.