PDA

View Full Version : The BEST fish and chips recipe

vanislehunter1
02-25-2009, 08:18 PM
ok... its pretty straight forward. all you need is the pre-made pancake mix (yes, i said pancake) and as much of it as needed. Then, put some water in it and a dash of vinegar with some pepper. then, dredge the halibut into flour and coat with the wet mix. then, all you need to do is deep fry it and then enjoy!!! also, the viscosity of the mix can be any thing, but it is best when it is not too thick or too thin. also, cook it until it is golden brown and eat with fries and tartar sauce. or, eat it with a mixture of hot sauce and ketchup to taste.

huntergirl270
02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
You can use beer instead of the vinegar and its good too :)

kinderdoggin
02-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh boy I can't wait to try that recipe- sounds pretty easy and delicious. Now if only I could get over my extremely sad and embarrassing winter-long ice-fishing drought, I would be set!!!

Dirty
02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
You want wicked fish and chips, try and make fish and chips with good chinook or coho salmon. It is absolutely awesome.

Dirt the Perp

betteroffishing
02-25-2009, 09:35 PM
try cold smoking the salmon first, mmm

7mag700
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I have used this recipe for years and can testify it is THE BEST!

7m7

Gateholio
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
You want wicked fish and chips, try and make fish and chips with good chinook or coho salmon. It is absolutely awesome.

Dirt the Perp

I think it's a love it or hate it thing. Some people LOVE salmon and chips, I find salmon to be too oily for the deep fryer.:???:

Mr. Dean
02-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I think it's a love it or hate it thing. Some people LOVE salmon and chips, I find salmon to be too oily for the deep fryer.:???:

Wife loves it. I can't stand it.

Just doesn't seem 'right' too me.

Blacktail
02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
may I suggest ..................
baking the fish slightly to start and then pat them dry and finishing off
in the deep fryer
I have done this for years with both salmon and halibut and and have never had a bad batch
depending on the thickness of the fish piece just deepfrying can sometimes lead to either undercooked fish or dried out pieces.

Charlie
02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Tempura batter. 'Nuff said. :)