PDA

View Full Version : 08 Outdoors Review

Rock Doctor
02-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi Guys,
It's been a while since I posted a vid, so I decided to put a little time into my 08 Review, finally finished ithttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif.
Please note that this is NOT all stricktly HUNTING/FISHING relatedhttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/hmmmm2.gif.

Be warned, If you don't want to watch stuff like Argoing, Jetboating, Fishing, Camping, Hunting, Quading, 6x6's, 8x8's, Animals, and general family time, I recommend that you don't click the linkhttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/hahaha.gif.

Also, I went to the effort of loading this on Youtube in "High Quality", it took almost 8 hrs to do it. I strongly recommend that you try to watch in HQ, it makes a big differencehttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif
Warning- Vid is over 9 min long, but it moves pretty quick, I had alot of stuff I wanted to reviewhttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ey8OIoX1h0

Enjoy,

RD

moosinaround
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Wicked footage Doc! Love your vids! I have to find me a job up north, cause that is definately gods country! Thanks! Moosinaround

Angel
02-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Awsome Vid for sure!! The Doc always pulls off these great videos.. "Dont shoot it Daddy", lol kids are great!:D

bruin
02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Beauty, some of those quad crossings looked a little harry!

Rock Doctor
02-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Beauty, some of those quad crossings looked a little harry!

lol, on that one crossing I was making, it's pretty clear when the water starts to get into the Air Box. I made it, but I would'nt have made it much further:smile:. Fair bit of current there as well, not to mention the "sweeper":shock:

OKtrigger
02-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow, looks like you had some amazing times outdoors! Great vid in HQ. The boat rides up the river made me squirm:shock:..gotta take one of those rides oneday.:smile:

mark
02-20-2009, 09:46 PM
love that video, I really like the jet boat part at the bottom of that huge waterfall, very cool!

Elkhound
02-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Kyle.....The wife and I just watched it. We are truly jealous. I hope to get out of this rat race some day. Glad you can enjoy the time right now outdoors with the family

mike_b
02-21-2009, 01:06 AM
WOW!! Watched your vid and was daydreaming of how awesome it would be, all at the same time. Gorgeous country....

ElectricDyck
02-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Great video, thanks for posting! Jealous.

thunderheart
02-21-2009, 07:36 AM
well done .. what a legacy to give to those little ones .. thank you

Shooter
02-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Wow, what a way to bring up the kids. Awesome vid.

tuchodi
02-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Great video as always Kyle. So nice to see the kids having a great time in our outdoors, to bad all kids couldn't experience that. Which water fall was that, went by quick so wasn't sure but I think I know which one. Hope to see you this fall.

Rock Doctor
02-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow, looks like you had some amazing times outdoors! Great vid in HQ. The boat rides up the river made me squirm:shock:..gotta take one of those rides oneday.:smile:
JETBOATS, THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE WITH YOUR PANTS ON:-P

love that video, I really like the jet boat part at the bottom of that huge waterfall, very cool!
Kinuso Falls, on the Murry River

Great video as always Kyle. So nice to see the kids having a great time in our outdoors, to bad all kids couldn't experience that. Which water fall was that, went by quick so wasn't sure but I think I know which one. Hope to see you this fall.

I take a great deal of pleasure in introducing kids to the outdoors, even the simplest outdoor activities can seem like a great adventure to kids.
lOOKING FORWARD TO THIS FALL.

The falls where we are in the boats, is Kinuso, and the falls where everyone's walking around is the falls up past the upper Tuchodi Lake.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Even my non-outdoorsy wife thought it was pretty cool:smile:.....especially when I pointed out the kids in the videos were the ones on the menu for the wolves.....which she remembered quite well....like the rest of us:frown:

Great vid!!

SSS

SHACK
02-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Yup Kyle, you got it rough dont cha! All those argo trips to your cabin just reminded me of where the muskeg in my mouth is coming from still!!! :) ;)

Rock Doctor
02-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Even my non-outdoorsy wife thought it was pretty cool:smile:.....especially when I pointed out the kids in the videos were the ones on the menu for the wolves.....which she remembered quite well....like the rest of us:frown:

Great vid!!

SSS

I have just been contacted by a Film Company in the UK, They are doing some shows on "Dangerous Animal Encounters" for Discovery Channel. Bears, Crocks, Wolves, Coyotes, Dingos, ect. They have asked to come interview us, with "Experts to give insight" about the encounter. They have also stated that they may want to re-enact the whole thing.

I was thinking maybe "Tom Sellec" could play my part:eek: LOL

Rock Doctor
02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Yup Kyle, you got it rough dont cha! All those argo trips to your cabin just reminded me of where the muskeg in my mouth is coming from still!!! :) ;)

Whiskey, lots of Whiskey, should take care of that for you;-).

AND, by the way, I do have it rough sometimes. Why, just yesterday, I made a trip out to the cabin with some friends. Up to about 5 feet of "Sugar" snow out there right now. We were stuck EVERYWHERE......do you have any idea how hard it is to press a 700lb sled over your head? And the ice is so thick, I drove my buddies auger right into the bottom of the lake......found some nice "head sized" rocks (thinking back, it might have been wise to ask him if I could borrow the auger, before I destroyed the blade for him:eek: lol). Then, to top it off, when we did find water (very hard to do with a mangled auger blade), there were no fish anyway:frown:.

Stuck, Dull, and Skunked.........What a day.:-P

whitetailsheds
02-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Good deal, K! Need to wearing that camera for a few more of your kills....

Kody94
02-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Great video Rock Doctor. Still love that part with your daughter driving the jetboat!!

Have you ever looked into this camera? http://www.epicstealthcam.com/ It caught my eye online the other day...not sure how it compares to the ones you are using.

Cheers!

Rock Doctor
02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Good deal, K! Need to wearing that camera for a few more of your kills....

Yes, I could not agree more. The biggest problems are 1) With a wide angle lens, EVERYTHING looks very far away. Too far to see unless I am within Archery range. 2) I have to actually have the cam on at the time. I do try, but conditions have to be right, the planets have to be aligned just so, I have to hold my tongue just right, and I have to remember to turn the camera (it needs to be in a different position to get the view of a shot, compared to any other time)

Great video Rock Doctor. Still love that part with your daughter driving the jetboat!!

Have you ever looked into this camera? http://www.epicstealthcam.com/ It caught my eye online the other day...not sure how it compares to the ones you are using.

Cheers!

Thanks for the link, I have not checked this one out before, but others like it. One of the ones I have now is being reviewed as "The Holy Grail" of headcams. It's very nice, remote controled, compact, light, has view screen, takes standard batteries and memory cards, waterproof. It's the only one available that records in Digital Quality (others make this claim, but in reality they convert an analog signal to digital). Another really cool feature of this cam is that I can leave the cam on all the time and it loops the memory without saving it unless I tell it to remember it. Times can be set for preferance, but basically it will keep a running memory of what is going on, but not filling the memory card. Then when something happens that I want to keep, I just tell it to "Remember" so many minutes of the past and into the future.

RD

Kody94
02-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the link, I have not checked this one out before, but others like it. One of the ones I have now is being reviewed as "The Holy Grail" of headcams. It's very nice, remote controled, compact, light, has view screen, takes standard batteries and memory cards, waterproof. It's the only one available that records in Digital Quality (others make this claim, but in reality they convert an analog signal to digital). Another really cool feature of this cam is that I can leave the cam on all the time and it loops the memory without saving it unless I tell it to remember it. Times can be set for preferance, but basically it will keep a running memory of what is going on, but not filling the memory card. Then when something happens that I want to keep, I just tell it to "Remember" so many minutes of the past and into the future.

RD

Yikes. Those VOI-POV1's are $999 USD, eh? I do like the look of them though. Did you order yours from the US, or is there a Canuck distributor?

Rock Doctor
02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Yikes. Those VOI-POV1's are $999 USD, eh? I do like the look of them though. Did you order yours from the US, or is there a Canuck distributor?

Helmetcameracentral.com
They are in stock for 549.95, and come with a free 4gb memory card.

Link
http://shop.helmetcameracentral.com/index.html

RD

Elkhound
02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
I was thinking maybe "Tom Sellec" could play my part:eek: LOL

LMAO...Nice kyle....very nice.

Ramshot
02-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Maybe we will finally get together for a BS this September RD!!! Every time we hit FN we are chopping at the bit to get the jet-boats in and up the river;-). Must be the non-stop drive from Kamloops that makes a guy just want to get er goin! Great video, see u in Septmeber(I HOPE!) RAMSHOT>