PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunting coming to Saskatchewan

northcoastfun
02-15-2009, 10:41 PM
News for anyone who hunts in Saskatchewan.

SUNDAY HUNTING COMING TO SASKATCHEWAN

Hunters will enjoy an additional day of hunting in Saskatchewan, with province-wide Sunday hunting for all game species and hunters beginning with the 2009 hunting season.
This will bring Saskatchewan in line with the vast majority of North American jurisdictions, which already have Sunday hunting.
"Sunday hunting will provide economic benefits to our rural economy and strengthen tourism and recreational hunting opportunities," Environment Minister Nancy Heppner said.
A 2006 economic evaluation of hunting done for the Ministry of Environment showed that the total hunting-related expenditure in the province was $107 million and hunting created the equivalent of 1,000 full-time jobs.
"Bringing in Sunday hunting will lead to an additional $9 million in total expenditures," Heppner added. That estimate is from a July 2008 survey and analysis contracted by the ministry.
The Ministry of Environment will continue to ensure that wildlife resources are managed to provide priority to First Nations and Métis people under their Aboriginal and Treaty rights, after conservation needs are met.
-30- ( this is on the Sask government home page )
http://www.gov.sk.ca/news?newsId=ae133b9e-d3b1-4f74-ac77-0d063f2d1286

Johnnybear
02-15-2009, 11:33 PM
It's about time!!!! My Uncles and Cousins (that live there) have been complaining about this forever.

elkdom
02-16-2009, 01:05 AM
dont get yur panties all in a knot quite yet girlz,Sunday or Monday wont reallly matter, it looks like non-rsidents are kinda OUT_A the LOOP for deer hunting in Saska-bush as it is being administered by Sask Renewable Resources for this year! :shock:

mark
02-16-2009, 09:19 AM
dont get yur panties all in a knot quite yet girlz,Sunday or Monday wont reallly matter, it looks like non-rsidents are kinda OUT_A the LOOP for deer hunting in Saska-bush as it is being administered by Sask Renewable Resources for this year! :shock:

I read about this in another thread a while back, but if they like their 107 mil in hunter revenue that wont last for long, all the small towns will cry when the out of province hunters dont show up and spend money!!!! I dont see their deer pop. threatened, so I dont see the point of it!

northcoastfun
02-16-2009, 08:02 PM

Yes there are changes coming for Canadian residents hunting whitetails in Saskatchewan. Anyone with “Saska-bush” on their hunting calendars are following this closely. Only time will tell what opportunities the future brings. But I’m not selling my blaze orange panties just yet;)

huntwriter
02-16-2009, 08:19 PM
I read about this in another thread a while back, but if they like their 107 mil in hunter revenue that wont last for long, all the small towns will cry when the out of province hunters dont show up and spend money!!!! I dont see their deer pop. threatened, so I dont see the point of it!

Actually the deer herd in some areas of Sask.is in trouble due to over hunting. From what I hear, there will be more restrictions on non-res. hunters in the future and I don't blame them one bit. However, I do welcome that the Sunday hunt ban will be lifted for resident hunters.

blacklab
02-16-2009, 08:25 PM
The Saskatchewan government has realized the dollar value of Canadian resident hunters,I don't think we will be counted out for a while.

Ciskman
02-18-2009, 12:23 AM
My best buddy lives in Sask. Here is an quote from his wifes facebook

Amanda ***** is pissed that they legalized hunting on Sundays... I'll never see the man again!