PDA

View Full Version : Achilles Buck Video (some potty mouths)

newhunterette
02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Okay here is the video finally of the buck Peter saw when he was on his Bow Hunt. He videotaped the guys bringing it in. (may be offensive graphically to some)

I am not sure who everyone is in the video as there were two groups Peter and his buds ran into, maybe someone will recognize themselves and their awesome worst/best shot but Peter had permission to video tape so here ya go.

mark
02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
That is an awesome whitey, what a shot!

Elkhound
02-10-2009, 12:00 PM
great deer.....none of those guys were me.

Nice deer but I think more range time is needed for someone

Angel
02-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Big whitey. thats a new way to save the meat:-P.

Dirty
02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I recognize the guy that shot it! That is Dan Akroyd.

Seriously though, I recognize him. What a great buck!

Triggerman
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
At the expense of sounding negative....

Nice deer but....who would be proud of that shot? I sure wouldn't have posted a video it especially of the zoom in on the foot. This is just food for the Antis - think about it.

ultramagbob
02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Giggleing about a piss poor shot.This bodes well for all the archery guys.

newhunterette
02-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I give up

first I get asked to show the video and even get reminders about the video so i finally get the thing to load and now I get the "antis aren't gonna like this"

please take note: people who are against hunting, guns, fishing, pest control, gay marriages, certain religious groups, yada yada yada and so on will always find something to complain about because they don't agree with others - a little video with a deer with a poor but successful shot isn't going to be that much of an impact on their fight against hunting - if anything it should just give us as hunters more incentive to be sure we have our shot placement in place and be more prepared - I look at this as a learning tool of what not to have happen (but hey shit does happen)

I was told a few nights ago I needed more hunting experience under my belt before I should tackle bow hunting - I agree but that doesnt mean I can't have a bow and go target shooting - I never fired my rifle at an animal until I knew for sure I was going to take it down in the (kill zone) and I would do the same with a bow - I am certain this guy is not the only one who has made a bad shot but at least he still went after the animal and brought it in

and regardless it is a beautiful deer - look at it from that stand point for a change

Ddog
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
bad shot i agree,, but what a buck.

Ddog
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
i disagree about the need more experience under your belt for bowhunting, i took my first 5 deer with a bow.

Chuck
02-10-2009, 02:22 PM
No big deal......even when one pours cement, some of it spills over and is wasted, but the job got done.
The body isn't especially big , but it is sporting a pretty nice rack. Bad shot? so what, at least it wasn't lost or wasted. Everything can't always be perfect, even though we'd like it to be. I see no evil intentions.

ultramagbob
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I give up

Some how I doubt it.Enjoy your holiday

sawmill
02-10-2009, 03:31 PM
At the expense of sounding negative....

Nice deer but....who would be proud of that shot? I sure wouldn't have posted a video it especially of the zoom in on the foot. This is just food for the Antis - think about it.
Hey that`s a hell of a buck and if You think you always make a perfect one shot kill.?.......you must be hunting on a different planet the most of us.So same as tounge tucked away.Probablely don`t need to be too graghic but Hey it`s hunting= death = meat in the freezer.
Hey Ali ,tone it down next time for the girls.Peta has enough members already,hate to see them turning men into vegans.

humble hunter
02-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Really nice buck but some stuff should stay within the hunting buddies group. It could have been used to poke fun at him and blackmail him in the future!:smile:

The MAN
02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Wow, Peter must love filming while nailing that hog!
What a krova!
I agree, thats a poor choice to put on the net.

ianwuzhere
02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
beauty buck, tines all over, i love watchin videos. thanx for postin!!!

Shooter
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Man thats a beauty buck. Thanx for posting it up. This site would be pretty lame if nobody posted up all the clips and pics that everyone said they shouldn't. Its hunting deal with it. We all try our best for good clean shots and kills but things happen, hopefully the deer was put down as quick as possible.

betteroffishing
02-10-2009, 09:42 PM
thank you ali for posting the video , great to see that at least me and mine arent the only foul mouthed hunters on the planet and good point about the antis and their lack of a real need for a reason to be anti . i heard a great comment from former bears coach mike ditka who was asked to run for the republicans against obama in his senate riding . he said he just wished to liberal minded were as accepting of the conservative aproach as the conservatives are with the liberal slant on things . kinda relates , dont it.

#1fishslayer
02-10-2009, 09:48 PM
One shot one kill lol, probley easy to track that one. Thanks for the video

moosinaround
02-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks Ali, cool vid! I guess if your a HBC saint, you would never have a shot like that, must be nice to be perfect! It was dead, recovered, and probably partially digested by now, so who gives a shit about the "Poor" shot placement. Shit happens, and the deer was recovered! Nuff said! Situations hapen in the field, and not all shots can be 100% perfect 100% of the time! If you claim they can be, then you are full of shit! Again, nice deer, good vid. Moosin

Johnnybear
02-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks for posting Ali. That looks like a great buck. Doesn't get anymore real than that and nobody's hiding nothin' (especially with Peter on the zoom):grin:.

sawmill
02-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks Ali, cool vid! I guess if your a HBC saint, you would never have a shot like that, must be nice to be perfect! It was dead, recovered, and probably partially digested by now, so who gives a shit about the "Poor" shot placement. Shit happens, and the deer was recovered! Nuff said! Situations hapen in the field, and not all shots can be 100% perfect 100% of the time! If you claim they can be, then you are full of shit! Again, nice deer, good vid. Moosin
Yup,That is a great /buck,I was just fooling with Ali.Thank you for posting that ,and Like Moosin said.....Nice deer! Congrats to the hunter...............Next year for me!!!

Elkhound
02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
While I agree it is a nice buck...I stand by my original statement......more range time is needed for someone. Hell, lets be honest, I have been a little off on shots too...little far back or a little high or low.......but come on guys......aim for the heart or lungs and blow off a hoof. Thats a little more off than I ever want on a shot. How many threads have we had that all the members agree that we have to know our limitations? Now I don't know any of the circumstances of the hunt or the shot...there is always 3 sides to a story. Yours, mine and the truth in between;) Who knows...maybe the deer was bedded funny and the legs outstretched near the torso. I don't know. Upon saying that...the video does not bother me in the least and have no problems with the video itself. But the guy is very lucky to have recovered that deer.

newhunterette
02-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Here is the original thread

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=29319&highlight=Rock+Creek

kootenayelkslayer
02-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Wooow great buck. Did they drag that thing all the way from Saskatchewan?? Pretty amazing if that was the only shot, but I guess if you cut an artery it's going to die one way or another.

Mrs.Elkhound
02-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Here is the original thread

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=29319&highlight=Rock+Creek

Wow.....almost a complete miss at 20yrds. I would be too embarassed to let anyone post a video of me managing a shot like that at 20yrds. Nice buck though.

aggiehunter
02-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Shot lots of deer at that spot.

ultramagbob
02-11-2009, 08:27 AM
You guys are pathetic.If it was a new member you'd be all over him/her for makeing such a piss poor shot.This is why very few of the "real hunters" post here anymore.U defend someone that adds very little if anything to the site,but the jump down the throats of guys like Dana,PGK or even Willy442 that actually have something to add.Shame on you

ultramagbob
02-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah things are looking scary from way up here on my pedestal

Leaseman
02-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Pathetic is the people who like to live larger by trying to belittle others....:lol:

ultramagbob
02-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Pathetic is the people who like to live larger by trying to belittle others....:lol:

Oh I could really be nasty...but I wont;-)

moosinaround
02-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Guess all I'm saying here is we all go out with the intentions of making the quick humane kill. We practice, site in rifles, wait for the good shot, control the things we can control. In the field there are uncontrollables, wind, animals moving right at the last instance, twigs in the path of trajectory, and even "Buck fever". If you say you can control all of this 100% of the time, you are a super hunter, and should wear a big "S" on your chest and leap mountain pine beetle trees in a single bound! You probably are faster than a ultra mag bullet! Shit happens!

Leaseman
02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh I could really be nasty...but I wont;-)

Good to see you behaving Mike! Give it your best shot if you like... won't bug me!....:lol:

ultramagbob
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Good to see you behaving Mike! Give it your best shot if you like... won't bug me!....:lol:

Im not a total idiot;-)

thunderheart
02-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Im not a total idiot;-)
pretty close tho when you dis others for the sake of it .. my 2 cents

ultramagbob
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
pretty close tho when you dis others for the sake of it .. my 2 cents

I havent "Dissed" Others.Im just stating the facts

Jetboater
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
I dont know... I think if youve bowhunted enough and taken a few animals you will make the bad shot,,, a shot like that could go a completely different way...but the guys spent the time tracking it and made sure it was dead and recovered so all in all... cudos to them....femeral artery is one of the quickest deaths out there....I have taken over 20 deer with the bow and a few of those have been bad hits mainly from not seeing a branch or a twig or the animal moving at the shot....big deal, I spend a lot of time tracking.... I think bottom line is the deer is dead and recovered...there is a lot that go un found in the late archery season....its sad but it is reality....its funny how people condemn others but if they were in the same boat they would be bragging about the monster that died off a leg shot....

lilhoss
02-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Boy,can't we all just get along.I think someone needs a hug.Anyways yes,it is a great rack,as with many hunting stories,I am amazed at how many book deer,elk,etc are taken with somewhat "less" than the picture perfect spot,stalk and kills,.... just like on tv.I would like some of the blanks filled in though.I don't believe that hoof injury was the fatal wound for this animal.Was it killed at close range after finding it wounded?With a knife,etc?There just isn't enough arteries down there to warrant a "bleed out", unless,and it is possible ,that it died from the shock.Good on ya though,stories are always good.I bet many of us ,right after killing an animal,have had to punch a tag,gut the critter,and oh yea ,...take the horseshoe out of our ass!!!;)

2slow
02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Boy,can't we all just get along.I think someone needs a hug.Anyways yes,it is a great rack,as with many hunting stories,I am amazed at how many book deer,elk,etc are taken with somewhat "less" than the picture perfect spot,stalk and kills,.... just like on tv.I would like some of the blanks filled in though.I don't believe that hoof injury was the fatal wound for this animal.Was it killed at close range after finding it wounded?With a knife,etc?There just isn't enough arteries down there to warrant a "bleed out", unless,and it is possible ,that it died from the shock.Good on ya though,stories are always good.I bet many of us ,right after killing an animal,have had to punch a tag,gut the critter,and oh yea ,...take the horseshoe out of our ass!!!;)

I have had a similar shot to that one on a whitetail buck. Bad decision to take the shot as I was winded from trying to run up to the top af a ridge to get a shot at the deer that i saw going up and over. I got to the top and he was standing broadside at about 90yds. I had no rest to be able to use and ended up trying to time the shot with my heaving breath (not a good thing to do) I ended up just cutting the skin and artery that is between the hoof and first joint. He ran off like a complete miss but i thought I better go have a look anyway. My partner and i found where he stoped about 10yds into the bush and found a ton of blood in a big puddle kept walking along the blood trail after about 10 min of calm down time and found the deer bled out about 80 yds further into the timber. He bedded and looked like he died in his sleep with a massive pool of blood on the ground under him.

The short answer you hit that artery or shoot the bottom part of the leg off and they are going down from blood loss just the same as if they were lung shot.

lilhoss
02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
2slow
I now agree,after looking at it on full screen on my larger computer screen I can clearly see the "knuckle" portion of the lower leg,so yep that'll do it.I'm still stickin with the "horseshoes up the ass" bit though.

2slow
02-11-2009, 07:09 PM
2slow
I now agree,after looking at it on full screen on my larger computer screen I can clearly see the "knuckle" portion of the lower leg,so yep that'll do it.I'm still stickin with the "horseshoes up the ass" bit though.
I would have to agree fully about the horse shoes on my shot it was 1/2" and it would have been a miss.

Although I should clarify thinking back on my crappy shot. It was the front leg that I nicked and not the back but I know there are major arteries running down both front and back legs in those areas.

358mag
02-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Shot lots of deer at that spot.
humm think thats a old 80's river crossing spot

Stone Sheep Steve
02-12-2009, 05:51 AM
All I know is that when you start the name your Youtube video with "Big Ass" the related vidoes the pop up on the side can cause blindness:shock::shock::shock::shock:.

SSS

aggiehunter
02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
There will be valet parking available at that spot next year!!!

The MAN
02-12-2009, 07:02 PM
You guys are pathetic.If it was a new member you'd be all over him/her for makeing such a piss poor shot.This is why very few of the "real hunters" post here anymore.U defend someone that adds very little if anything to the site,but the jump down the throats of guys like Dana,PGK or even Willy442 that actually have something to add.Shame on you

I would have to agree, many useless posts on this site now, still some good guys here just getting really sappy, heard the blog is gaining popularity!

GoatGuy
02-12-2009, 11:52 PM
humm think thats a old 80's river crossing spot

hahhahaha, I recognized it as well.

Funny, the emails I got about not being any deer left there must not be totally correct.

Weird..................

dino
02-14-2009, 07:58 AM
I give up

first I get asked to show the video and even get reminders about the video so i finally get the thing to load and now I get the "antis aren't gonna like this"

please take note: people who are against hunting, guns, fishing, pest control, gay marriages, certain religious groups, yada yada yada and so on will always find something to complain about because they don't agree with others - a little video with a deer with a poor but successful shot isn't going to be that much of an impact on their fight against hunting - if anything it should just give us as hunters more incentive to be sure we have our shot placement in place and be more prepared - I look at this as a learning tool of what not to have happen (but hey shit does happen)

I was told a few nights ago I needed more hunting experience under my belt before I should tackle bow hunting - I agree but that doesnt mean I can't have a bow and go target shooting - I never fired my rifle at an animal until I knew for sure I was going to take it down in the (kill zone) and I would do the same with a bow - I am certain this guy is not the only one who has made a bad shot but at least he still went after the animal and brought it in

and regardless it is a beautiful deer - look at it from that stand point for a change
Keep the pics comming and dont let the self righteous people out there pursuade you into stopping. there is too many great people on here that dont post anymore because the odd person has to post something negative . They are usually the same people time and time again.
When Im hunting for meat I came to shoot to kill, and sometimes the there is some wasted meat because of an off shot. A bow is not like a rifle, a dam snowflake can set the arrow off course. great video and nice buck congradulations.

whitetailsheds
02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
All I know is that when you start the name your Youtube video with "Big Ass" the related vidoes the pop up on the side can cause blindness:shock::shock::shock::shock:.

SSS

.....whoaa.....lol!!

winbuckhunter
02-18-2009, 07:30 PM
is that region 8??? i think i recognize the camp spot

f350ps
02-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Anybody that spouts off about somebody elses poor shot placement tells alot about how many animals he's harvested. You have a greater chance of screwing up a shot in the bush than ya do behind a computer. K

aggiehunter
02-20-2009, 11:08 PM
....thirty years ago.