PDA

View Full Version : texada

rchoward101
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
i would like to late season bow hunt texada i am new bowhunting and would like to try to get some samll island deer

any info on locations and or legal hunting areas would be great

i read somewhere once that i could join a club and be granted permission to hunt private lands

any info would really help out thanks guys

hutch
10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
bobs lake or any side roads near the power lines are good I saw 120 deer in 4 days mid sept. just at that area alone ,keep away from the main roads as there will be a lot of people hunting once does open the private land is not gated or enforced so there will be a lot of people in there and they were logging most of it when I was there.

Geo.338
10-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Yes ,alot of logging .It looks different evey time I go over.If you are bow hunting check your regs and try and get into some NO SHOOTING areas .The rifle hunters will have alot of deer pressured into these areas.There is a contact number in the regs and if a person wants to support a local outdoor club you can get a map and a key to access private land behind the red gates.Good Luck

Offroad
10-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Hey Geo 338 do you have a contact # to get one of those maps with a key. Thanks.

hutch
10-28-2005, 08:22 PM
pm me I have ph. # and email add.