PDA

View Full Version : lost a mojo wing on the weekend

dave
10-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I have one of the baby mojos and let me tell you the wings sink like a stone. Of course it was too deep to get it back , so I had to come up with a replacement. After a little pondering and a trip to the craft store I was able to put together a pretty good replacement with some corrigated plastic poster board and a section of an old aluminum cleaning rod. I even found some thin sheets of white foam to glue on, so the wings now float. It was cheap and easy so I'm going to build a spare for the next time. Thought I would pass this along in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

dave

Remington
10-26-2005, 11:48 PM
I probably would have dived for it.....

redlegdrake
10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey you can order the wings from the MOJO web site (mojodecoys.net). They make a floating wing from corigated PVC. The price on them is $7.00 U.S.. Or you can get the Aluminum wings for $20 U.S..

Dano
11-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I was out in the Pitt marsh saturday and when I pushed my stake into the grass, it was fairly hard and I gave it a little up and down force to start it into the ground. I had the decoy on the pole and the battery tumbled out, hit the edge of the grass and tumbled into the water!:cry:

I reached down into the flooded grass, of course it went over the edge into a deeper spot.... took off my jacket and shirt and reached around. Man was the water cold!!! It took a few tries but I got it. It was deep enough that my shoulder and part of my chest got wet too. Like I said, the water is very cold!!!
I guess the battery is sealed well as the decoy still worked. The switch came apart though and I had to fix it when I got home (lucky it was on the run mode).
I noticed the plug recepticle for recharging came apart too but I just plugged the wire back in. I think it was Remington who said his decoy didn't recharge, there is a rubber boot on the wire and the metal part of the wire may not be touching if it's not on all the way. Check yours out.
Dano
P.S. Slow shooting as I suppose the birds are in the flooded fields for the most part.

dave
11-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Funny how it doesn't matter what it is, if it sinks, it will end up in a deep spot. I didn't get out this weekend, too many kids birthdays and such. I did get out to the trap range for a couple of hours and used an old model 12 pump that was passed down to me from my dad's hunting partner. It is a 1936 duck model and it shoots just as well today as it did 70 years ago. I guess I'll be passing it down to my kids before it is done.