PDA

View Full Version : New Show?

The 'Hummer'
01-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Surfing on the tube this afternoon, I came across something a little different. On cable here on the island, channel 36 @ 3:30 and it's a show called "The Wild Gourmet". This is the first time I've ever seen it and this episode takes place in east central England, North Yorkshire. I believe they stated the previous episode was on Grouse but this one was on rabbit. They go for a different area and species each time. It involved getting, harvesting and preparing a meal using the game. A lot of involvement of the basic outdoor cooking as well as a lot on natural ingredients used. Different. A theme for a whole new receipt cookbook Ali.;)
Update: #1
This show includes a Grouse shooting & the same as I've mentioned above.
Update: #2
Apparently the next show is on fish/sea food and squirrel.

newhunterette
01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Surfing on the tube this afternoon, I came across something a little different. On cable here on the island, channel 36 @ 3:30 and it's a show called "The Wild Gourmet". A theme for a whole new receipt cookbook Ali.;)
Update: #1
This show includes a Grouse shooting & the same as I've mentioned above.
Update: #2
Apparently the next show is on fish/sea food and squirrel.

Hummer - I am in the process of doing a new project :) - lots of great ideas come from this show to spark ones interest and culinary juices to be peaked

The 'Hummer'
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Hummer - I am in the process of doing a new project :) - lots of great ideas come from this show to spark ones interest and culinary juices to be peaked

The cook book I got from you is pretty good and I look forward to your new project. Keep us posted.:smile: