PDA

View Full Version : Ladner marsh clean-up Who'sinterested?

Alex
01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Testing the waters... One day (probably on a Saturday) Hopefully gloves, bags, containers will be provided somehow...

Remember; Good PR for a group who need a boost in public image...

Hunt fair,

Alex

Steeleco
01-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a good reason to meet new folks from HBC!

f350ps
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm in and can probably get a container as long as it's after the end of March. It sure can use some help! K

Steeleco
01-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Never having been there, what kind of "junk" is there likely to be?
Our two clean ups up Sylvester involved anything from 12ga husks to burned out cars, this place can't possibly be that bad. I can bring lots of good garbage bags.

Will I need my waders? LOL

f350ps
01-27-2009, 11:32 PM
You shouldn't find too many cars but ya will find lots of plastic bags, styrofoam, plastic and glass bottles and crap like that. Look at it as a treasure hunt. Maybe we'll find a runner with a foot in it. K

blindman
01-28-2009, 09:58 AM
I intend to make it depending on the final date of the clean-up. It would be worth the effort just to see the reaction of the agent at the border when I tell them that the purpose of my trip is to look for garbage.

branthunter
01-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I'll be there as long as it's not during our camper trip south after the brant season.

sparkes3
01-28-2009, 05:55 PM
sounds good to me if its on a saturday

Phoneguy
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
If it is on a day I am free I will come for sure!

bigredchev
01-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Im in, a date in advance works best for work issues.

sneg
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
will be there if date does not interfere with hunt or work.

Farmer John
01-29-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm in. If traffic isn't too bad:)

yamadirt 426
01-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey guys. First post here. Born and raised in ladner and just finished my core with the wife so what better place to start helping out since I plan on spending alot of time out there next season. I have the disposal bin to put everything in so we got that covered! Just need a time and place. Mike

sparkes3
01-29-2009, 06:44 PM
keep me posted please

01-29-2009, 07:05 PM
After spending, countless days out there, and with all the help I have gotten over the past year from all the HBC guys, I can't turn down an opportunity to give back what I can.

I will bring my truck to haul garbage.
Lets set a date soon so we can all have our schedules set.

f350ps
01-29-2009, 07:35 PM
As this is Alex's idea I think maybe he should set the date. Personally I would shoot for mid April as it gets a little warmer and the tullies aren't too grown in by then. Just a suggestion, I'll be there regardless. K

Alex
01-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Alright! Looks like this will happen.

I'm coordinating this event with Dale (Fowl language). Dale is a member of the Ladner/Delta rod and gun club. The executive meeting is on February 5th, he will try to get support from the club.

This will be a joint operation involving LDRGC and HBC and there might be a third party involved.

In the mean time, any ideas or input is welcomed.

Stay tuned!

Alex

Mr. Friendly
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't drive and I live near Kits...but I'd be open to helping out. If anyone is willing to hitch me a ride, I'm game. I'd like to meet some 'fowler's as my brudder n I want to see the area around (I just moved to Van from Kamloops) here, especially since we'd like to take a shot (literally) at goose during the spring open season. :)

01-30-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't drive and I live near Kits...but I'd be open to helping out. If anyone is willing to hitch me a ride, I'm game. I'd like to meet some 'fowler's as my brudder n I want to see the area around (I just moved to Van from Kamloops) here, especially since we'd like to take a shot (literally) at goose during the spring open season. :)

I live on 14 and granville and dont mind picking you up.
also have room for 3 more if anyone else needs a ride.

Mr. Friendly
01-31-2009, 12:55 AM
I look forward to meeting up with you all when this goes down! :D

branthunter
02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
:razz::razz::razz:
I'm in. If traffic isn't too bad:)

sparkes3
02-01-2009, 06:42 PM
we can use my boat to get the garbage back to the trucks

Mr. Friendly
02-01-2009, 07:25 PM
so...what weekend are we planning to do this? my folks are coming for a visit the 3rd week of Feb, so that weekend is probably out for me.

fowl language
02-01-2009, 07:46 PM
i have spoken with alex and looked at the tide book and i think the first weekend in may as the tides are good you wouldnt be bothering the nesting ducks and its alot warmer if anyone chooses to bring their kids as we do this with with the delta ladner junior club. i will bring it up at the exec. meeting of the delta club on thurs. to confirm the date.this is also a little early for fishing as i understand the lakes are pretty frozen this year.any thoughts are appreciated....fowl

kastles
02-02-2009, 06:51 PM
i'm in providing i don't have to work.

kastles

fowl language
02-06-2009, 08:38 PM
went to the delta ladner meeting last night and got the thumbs up for the clean up on the may 02 09 date.hopefully all is good with this date as it appears to be the best tides and we could possibly have a herring skiff which we could locate in the middle of the marsh as a centeal dump off point which will save a lot of running around.any one with a boat or boating experience should contact alex and we can co ordinate from there.will address the container issue in the very near future and we have a few spare boats for the experienced guys. alex and i talked about a 9 am, start at wellington pt.letr me know what you think of this....fowl

Steeleco
02-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Is it possible to post a map of the area in question? I for one have never been there and would like an idea of where to go. Thanks

Also as it's that far off in the future, you'll need to remind us all. And don't forget it may well be the beginning of spring bear for some of us??

lip_ripper00
02-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Is it possible to post a map of the area in question? I for one have never been there and would like an idea of where to go. Thanks

Also as it's that far off in the future, you'll need to remind us all. And don't forget it may well be the beginning of spring bear for some of us??

No worries I am sure Shane will have you tagged out by then;-) I can't commit right now by as we get closer I will let it be known.

blindman
02-07-2009, 10:20 PM
That date works for me.

sparkes3
03-05-2009, 08:14 PM
goggle earth and look up the river next to westham island you can see the islands and channels on there