PDA

View Full Version : Coues Deer from Mexico

1/2 slam
01-26-2009, 09:26 PM
I got back Friday from a 5 day Coues Deer hunt in Sonora Mexico. I hunted with Amigos Guides and Outfitters. Would I recomend them? Oh ya I would. 4 guys 4 deer.

I shot mine trotting away at 150 yards. This after missing him standing broadside at 325.:cool: He's 6 x 4. A giant:wink: at 96 pounds (Guts in) I went out for the rest of the trip with another fellow. We saw 10 plus bucks a day and more than 30 deer , total ,a day. I also saw lots of Javelina. The other fellow shot one. I saw 3 bobcats, Roadrunners and a Coatimundi.

I borrowed a very nice Remington model 700 from the outfitter. The problem, for me, was that the first shot I fired was at my buck. I'll take my rifle the next time.

I'm booking again for 2011. That'll give me the time to come up with the money.

Here's some pictures

http://www.trophyphotos.com/photos/full/18189.jpg

http://www.trophyphotos.com/photos/full/18190.jpg

lilhoss
01-26-2009, 09:31 PM
looks like you got a lot of snow.....Got to ask... what is involved with bringing that critter home,or do ya?Antlers,meat? or does it stay there with the guide?

1/2 slam
01-26-2009, 09:42 PM
The guide did the paperwork for the US F&W (Flew Through Phoenix) He also did the paperwork I needed at our border. They didn't even ask for it. the guy I got just wanted to know about the hunt. The meat can not be brought back. I gave mine to the ranch hands. They make less than $500 a month. The cut it into jerky and were thankful for it. All four guys did this.

David Heitsman
01-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Nice deer dude. Hope to get my hands on those antlers one of these evenings!

Blainer
01-26-2009, 10:37 PM
I missed this thread somehow,and I was watching for it.
Nice heavy antlered Coues.
Do these guys have a website?
Did you book this hunt on-line?or referral
Can you harvest a Javelina?
I'm exploring options for a hunt,and currently leaning towards a pronghorn.

kyleklassen
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
beautiful deer. were the others of the same" caliber".

Steeleco
01-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Nice going on the deer, you still have a spot for him in that "Den" of yours?? LOL

Mr. Dean
01-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Magnificent animal. Nice to have options available.

pitbell
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Awesome buck. I will be hopefully biding on a Coues Deer hunt at the Grand Slam Ovis convention in Vegas next month. I would give my left nut for a buck of that caliber.

1/2 slam
01-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Nice going on the deer, you still have a spot for him in that "Den" of yours?? LOL

I'm almost out so it's a pedistal:razz:

1/2 slam
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I missed this thread somehow,and I was watching for it.
Nice heavy antlered Coues.
Do these guys have a website?
Did you book this hunt on-line?or referral
Can you harvest a Javelina?
I'm exploring options for a hunt,and currently leaning towards a pronghorn.

Blainer,

No website. I've known about this guy for a while. I talked to a fellow from ft St John who hunted with him. He's been twice and would go again. I mentioned this to a buddy and he told me he, and a friend, had been with this outfitter 2 years ago. I had no idea he had been there. He also highly recomended him. So as a result I phoned him up and booked. I want to go again and am going to book for 2011.

Javelina is an extra 300.

nomad
01-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Very Nice! Sounds like a great trip! Nice weather this time of year for a hunt too.