PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Mexico's Big Game

JorgeElk
01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi, my name is Jorge and I live in Mexico, for some time I have had the idea of having some kind of a trade with a BC hunter. I understand that in BC you can take a friend –nonresident-to hunt along with you for certain species without the need of a Guide. In return I would take you, to hunt whatever species are in Mexico: Rio Grande Gobbler, Gould’s Turkey, Osceolla Turkey, Desert Mule Deer, Coues Whitetail, our Texas Whitetail, or the several subspecies of deerwe have. I am not an outfitter, but been here I can rent ranches and the hunt cost is usually a fraction of the actual outfitter’s charges.
Right now we can make plans for next hunting season!!
If you like the idea, you can contact me through this forum or this Email: jorgeralcantara@gmail.com (jorgeralcantara@gmail.com), Buena Caza!!!!

BCrams
01-26-2009, 04:03 PM
As SSSSter mentioned:

Its illegal for a BC resident to take you hunting unless you are directly related to someone. You will need to utilize the services of a guide outfitter.

Try checking here:

http://www.goabc.org/

Sitkaspruce
01-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Just to add to BCR comments, only if you are NOT a Canadian resident. Canadian residents can hunt with a friend, everyone else has to be a DIRECT relative, ie. Dad, mom, brother etc.

Cheers

SS

Stone Sheep Steve
01-26-2009, 04:33 PM
The hunter host program that you mentioned is only for Canadian citizens that reside outside of BC...but within Canada.

SSS

JorgeElk
01-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Thank you very much, I had a wrong information, however you are welcome to come to Mexico anyway!!!

dana
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
IIRC Alberta does allow non-resident aliens in their hunter host program. Maybe someone here can confirm that. If they do, maybe you'll get a chance to hunt the Great White North with our neighbors to the East.

325 wsm
01-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Do you have any good looking sisters. You could post there pictures and maybe become a relative of a B.C. resident.

johnes50
01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I wish I could take you up on your offer, but as others have said it's a no-go for you in BC. I would like to head to Mexico one year and hunt some of your deer. Thanks for the offer anyway and welcome to Hunting BC. John

Frans
02-07-2009, 03:17 PM
IIRC Alberta does allow non-resident aliens in their hunter host program. Maybe someone here can confirm that. If they do, maybe you'll get a chance to hunt the Great White North with our neighbors to the East.

Confirmed. And I notice Jorge has found his way to the alberta outdoorsmen forum already.

Frans