PDA

View Full Version : Where to hunt boars in alberta?

duckhunt
01-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Me and my dad wanted to take a trip to Alberta to hunt wild boars, we were thinking of heading around Mayerthorpe and was wondering if any of you can suggest any other areas or if this is a good area to hunt, if you can could you give us some phone numbers of farmers in the area that would allow us to hunt on their property.

Huey
01-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Southern Alberta has 'em too... around strathmore, standard and rosebud areas. Sorry no contacts but I could ask a few friends who have done it.

elkdom
01-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Me and my dad wanted to take a trip to Alberta to hunt wild boars, we were thinking of heading around Mayerthorpe and was wondering if any of you can suggest any other areas or if this is a good area to hunt, if you can could you give us some phone numbers of farmers in the area that would allow us to hunt on their property.

check on "ALBERTA OUTDOORSMEN FORUM" I think there is a sponsor on that site for wild boar hunts, good luck

www outdoorsman forum.ca

AlbertaAl
01-26-2009, 09:01 AM
waste of time...
Landowners wont give you permission also too few animals and even less information is being shared in the public.
Better to just go coyote hunting !

elkdom
01-26-2009, 11:31 AM
waste of time...
Landowners wont give you permission also too few animals and even less information is being shared in the public.
Better to just go coyote hunting !

You must be a VERY influential fellow as you can speak for ALL the land
owners in ALBERTA :roll:, SORRY to tell you there are ranches that allow wild boar hunting and others that raise them for that specific purpose :D

CJ-Jim
02-27-2009, 08:21 AM
You have a PM
THKS Jim