PDA

View Full Version : Rufus Hussy Slingshot video

hillman
01-23-2009, 03:35 PM
You may be a decent shot with a wrist-rocket, but Rufus Hussy is the real slingshot man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Angel
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
The old guys hard core. Thats impressive i sure couldnt do that. I wonder what the open season is for sling shot:wink::wink:

houndogger
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Awesome:cool:

358win
01-23-2009, 09:15 PM
The old guys hard core. Thats impressive i sure couldnt do that. I wonder what the open season is for sling shot:wink::wink:

YOU tell him ...:razz:

BigBanger
02-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Makes me want a sling shot .

sfire436
02-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Always thought about having one in th epocket for grouse while hunting. Lord knows we cant carry a .22 pistol

steelheadSABO
03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
thats amazing im gonna start using my slingshot more often

BCbillies
03-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Ol' Rufus . . . sure knows how to shoot em! I grew up with one it the back pocket and knocked off the odd squirrel and crow but nothing like Rufus. I'll have to get back to the basics and make some with the kids. :cool:

Ambush
03-06-2009, 10:32 PM
I used to carry one all the time. One time hunting in Alberta, I was trying to kill a fool hen that was just out of reach. I used up the few rocks I had. My buddy hands me a big, hard, green pine cone, that I somehow hit myself in the hand with. With a stinging hand and vengeance on my mind, I feel in my pockets for something and there's some change. Nickels, dimes and quarters. To keep the cost down, I started with the nickels and then on to the dimes and finally quarters. A few bucks later the chicken was still sitting there bobbing his head around wondering what that whizzing noise was.

My finally buddy picks up a limb about six feet long and swings it, miscalculates and hits a limb in front of the bird. That limb nails the chicken and stuns him long enough for us to pounce on him and put an end to his teasing.

We ate him. He tasted like crap.

I'm sure we made more noise than if I'd just used the rifle.

BCbillies
03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Good one Ambush. While the slingshot was my best friend I did a lot of stupid things with it. In the end nobody got killed but I did spend 9 days in the hospital trying to shoot a grouse out of a tree. I wasn't shooting from the ground but rather from way up a tree. The grouse flew away unharmed and I took an unplanned flight at the same time! :eek:

SHACK
03-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Absolutely amazing old fella. Quite the country gent, with an uncany knack that Im sure none to many people on this earth have! Good watch!

Manglinmike
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Old Guys Rule