PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunting In Mexico

1/2 slam
01-16-2009, 12:26 AM
W'ell I'm off at 3am for my long anticipated Coued deer hunt in Mexico....Can't sleep:razz:. I've saved for a while for this. I'll be hunting with an outfit called Amigos guide Service. The owner is a fellow named Nayo Balderama. A buddy hunted withe him 2 years ago and had nothing but good things to say about the operation. I called several references here in Canada, also good things to say. If I get lucky that will make a deer slam for me. Mule, Sitka, Columbian, Whitetail and Coues deer:razz: I'm pumped. Fingers crossed.I'll write a story and post some pictures when I get back.

rishu_pepper
01-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Best of luck to you. Mexico is a nice country to visit, I was there during New Year's once, those guys know how to party! :D

BCHunterFSJ
01-16-2009, 11:12 AM
While you're down there, why not try for some of those monster mulies that they have there??

David Heitsman
01-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Buenos suerte mi amigo!

Schutzen
01-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey
Best of luck 1/2slam do us proud down there! (with the deer I meant lol)

cainer
01-16-2009, 06:16 PM
You'll have to buy one of those mexican grunt tubes, otherwise they won't understand you if you use the canadian one.:razz:
Good luck-& watch out for the flies-i hear they can carry you away

mark
01-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Cool, Ill be in del-carmen next week. Stop by and show me yer buck and Ill save you a Corona!:-P

Caveman
01-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Cool, Ill be in del-carmen next week. Stop by and show me yer buck and Ill save you a Corona!:-P

I meant to ask when you were leaving. I thought it was pretty quick. We go on the 2nd to Cancun

mark
01-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I meant to ask when you were leaving. I thought it was pretty quick. We go on the 2nd to Cancun

Dam I think we come home on the first!

Ill try not to drink all the beer!

David Heitsman
01-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Mark:

Don't know if you are a diver or not but Cozumel has the best diving in the western hemisphere. I stayed at PDC for a few days prior to a week in Cozumel and really enjoyed it down there.
My secretary just got back from PDC last week and said it was cool at night but warm enough during the day.
Watch out for those European sunbathers!

Gateholio
01-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Good luck, have fun, drive fast and take chances...:p

mark
01-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Mark:

Don't know if you are a diver or not but Cozumel has the best diving in the western hemisphere. I stayed at PDC for a few days prior to a week in Cozumel and really enjoyed it down there.
My secretary just got back from PDC last week and said it was cool at night but warm enough during the day.
Watch out for those European sunbathers!

Dave, I think many years ago Cozumel was on the top 10 list for dive spots. I have been diving for 15 years, I did dive a couple spots in Cozumel about 5 years ago, I was not overly impressed, its been fished and dived out! I will do it again though, the turtles are pretty cool!
As for the topless euro chicks... I have some big dark shades so I wont get cought looking :lol:

1/2 slam
01-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm back...got a good one...6 x 4. I'll do a write up and post some pictures later...tired.

Lil Buck
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Congrats Rod ....Which ranch did you hunt??
I was down there with Nayo and Sylvia in 2004 great time .We went out and dove and quail when there did you ?

Anyways congrats again .Hope to see you in kamloops,unless your in Africa.

LB

ElkMasterC
01-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm back...got a good one...6 x 4. I'll do a write up and post some pictures later...tired.

Sweet. Look forward to pics and a tale!

deer nut
01-23-2009, 11:36 PM
What a great reason to go to Mexico! That sounds way better than sitting on a beach to me! Good luck!

Can you tell us more about cost, logistics etc.? Looking forward to the stories.

1/2 slam
01-24-2009, 10:47 AM
LB it was Rancho El Rodeo. I should be in Kamloops. Africa is late April early May