PDA

View Full Version : duck calls

kastles
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
I got my duck calls in today from Canadian Waterfowlers Pro Shop and i want to throw out a big thanks to Jason for getting a big rush on them and somehow managing to get them to me before this weekend. Great guy to deal with. I got a buck gardner fowl mouth and a quackerhead double j. Can any of yous suggest books, cd's of videos to learn how to call? thanks

kastles

sneg
01-15-2009, 07:31 PM
haidel has good video on duck and geese calling

Phoneguy
01-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Delta Waterfowl site has some youtube videos on some basic calling techniques.

Marc
01-16-2009, 10:15 AM
On the off season go to your local park or marsh and watch and listen what the ducks are saying. Best learning tool. Especially right after the season as they're starting to pair up if they haven't already. You can then pick up on their greeting/courting calls.

Qwa-honn
01-16-2009, 06:19 PM
www.callingducks.com (http://www.callingducks.com)
check this site out.

SHACK
01-27-2009, 08:37 AM
If your dire, and having troubles, just give me a pm. Im sure I can explain a few things about operating a duck call.
I used to work quite closely with Troy Taylor and Robert Strong of Taylor Talkers Custom Calls. So I have a very in depth understanding of calls.

Ruger4
01-27-2009, 08:46 AM
You'll find what works best for you after some field experience , you'll see what they like to hear and what tones and rhythms they dont like.........
like everything else , just practice , not rocket science........:p

Rob