PDA

View Full Version : Hunting picture from 1923

Phoneguy
01-14-2009, 09:35 PM
I found this in a box of old family photos. I have no idea who it is. It states on the back: This was taken on the 28 Nov, 23 on a hunting trip. My fathers family lived in Edmonton for a while so it could be family?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Huniing.JPG

Notice the game on the tailgate!

NaStY
01-14-2009, 09:36 PM
The only way to really tell if it is family is, Do you or anyone in your family drink out of wine bottles????

Phoneguy
01-14-2009, 09:45 PM
The only way to really tell if it is family is, Do you or anyone in your family drink out of wine bottles????

Only when there are no mugs around. We is dignified youse know!:-P

NaStY
01-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Only when there are no mugs around. We is dignified youse know!:-P

Too funny, great pic by the way.....

NEEHAMA
01-14-2009, 10:19 PM
love the old photo's. sure looks different now. funny thing is the game never changes just the gear and hair cuts..

BearSniper
01-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey

Looks like they had a good haul that day

I'd be sipping a drink in celebration after too !:razz:

I wonder what kind of birds they are. Looks like Pheasant but hard to tell

Chuck
01-14-2009, 10:34 PM
That is a neat picture. I like the way he's dressed too....especially that coat/jacket.

kyleklassen
01-14-2009, 11:08 PM
looks like all my hunting pics

Dirty
01-14-2009, 11:13 PM
They appear to be Prairie Chickens or Grouse. Neat picture.

The 'Hummer'
01-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I have a couple from the 30's, if I can 'sweet talk' someone into posting them for me:redface:. One is of my Dad Deer hunting and the other is of a Mr. & Mrs. Joe Wendle, after a successful Grizz hunt:cool:. Mrs. Betty Wendle was known for her hunting Grizzly with a 22 Savage High Power which is evident in the picture along with three Grizzly hides. PM me if anyone is willing to post them for me. Thanks

gamehunter6o
01-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Will we be in old photos or lost in cyberspace? Maybe stuck in a harddrive in a landfill.
Bit sad ay. :-(

BigBanger
01-15-2009, 10:30 AM
These two are from "Hummer" . Realy neat .

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/neekorelli/hummersdad1930.jpg

and

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/neekorelli/hummersdad1930s.jpg

Nice bike too , good choice on keeping it , lots of fun .

BiG Boar
01-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Imagine being one of the first people in BC. Can you imagine the possibilities? And imagine how hard some of the hunts would be, since they didnt have the same advantages we have?

The 'Hummer'
01-15-2009, 10:55 AM
These two are from "Hummer" . Realy neat .

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/neekorelli/hummersdad1930.jpg

and

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/neekorelli/hummersdad1930s.jpg

Nice bike too , good choice on keeping it , lots of fun .

Thanks for posting them for me. As explaination;
The 1st is one of my Dad, and I believe it was taken in the 30's.
The 2nd is of Mr. & Mrs. Joe Wendle, about the same period of time in the B.C. central interior Bowron Lakes area I believe. I met them when we lived in Barkerville, 1955, prior to the Barkerville restoration. She was well known for her Grizzly hunting exploits, and firearm of choice was a 22 Savage High Power. Wouldn't be my choice but she was successful using it.

martyonthewater
01-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Imagine being one of the first people in BC. Can you imagine the possibilities? And imagine how hard some of the hunts would be, since they didnt have the same advantages we have?
just remember BB, they also didn't have to go far to find shootable game. out the back door,bang , get a beer-time to gut

Angel
01-15-2009, 12:45 PM
She was well known for her Grizzly hunting exploits, and firearm of choice was a 22 Savage High Power. Wouldn't be my choice but she was successful using it.

Wouldnt be my first choice either for Grizz:razz:, Great photo's and its great seeing some history.

BigBanger
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
22 Savage High Power , awesome makes the picture even better .

Will
01-16-2009, 09:17 PM
22 High Power ! Sure, but that was well before Bears adapted to these little bullets from leverguns and became resistant to all but the Largest of mangelums firing huge copper alloy bullets.....you'd simply be devoured hunting in BC with such an inferior rifle and cartridge nowadays.

Great Pics ! I Love them Oldies ! :smile:

elkdom
01-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I found this in a box of old family photos. I have no idea who it is. It states on the back: This was taken on the 28 Nov, 23 on a hunting trip. My fathers family lived in Edmonton for a while so it could be family?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Huniing.JPG

Notice the game on the tailgate!

Great picture! awesome detail for such an old picture, the shotgun looks to be maybe an Ivor Johnson or Stevens single shot, near his right shoulder seems to be a headlight and radiator cowl and the rad cap, cool pic!:p

Will
01-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Great picture! awesome detail for such an old picture
Sure is.......I don't know if it's just me or what ?
But I don't think thats a Dude in that pic....looks like a chick to me. Most Fellas would one hand that bottle me thinks....that individual is two fisting it like a chick does, or maybe I'm off ?
Just a boredom induced observation......:???:

Dirty
01-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Phoneguy's Dad was conceived shortly after this picture was taken.

elkdom
01-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Sure is.......I don't know if it's just me or what ?
But I don't think thats a Dude in that pic....looks like a chick to me. Most Fellas would one hand that bottle me thinks....that individual is two fisting it like a chick does, or maybe I'm off ?
Just a boredom induced observation......:???:

OK! so i noticed "car parts":-o now upon second viewing , I agree the "he" is a "she":) Oh the possibilities:oops: you think in the old days, they had women huntin and drinkin ?:shock: subtle face features, narrow waist, shapely legs!

Whoo'dah thunk? :wink:

Phoneguy
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Phoneguy's Dad was conceived shortly after this picture was taken.

If thats the case he was a 12 year pregnancy:-o...Talk about swollen ankles!