01-13-2009, 08:56 PM
does anyone know of a place/ outfitter in canada that i could go

Bowzone_Mikey
01-13-2009, 10:19 PM
a quick Google search
http://www.abhunting.com/antelope-hunting.asp

model88
01-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Another option to look at is the States. I have been to Wyomming twice for antelope. Was very affordable and definanlty a do it yoursefl kinda hunt.

I know that getting firearms across the border has changed since I was there, but you can do it.

Sen me a PM if you want any info.

Dirty
01-13-2009, 10:43 PM
There is a company linked up with the WSSOBC, and they donate a hunt every year. I think they are called Silver Sage outfitters or something like that. Looked like a reputable company, but you will have to dig deeper. The costs of hunts were very reasonable if I recall.

leadpillproductions
01-13-2009, 11:14 PM
i lookin for a self guided hunt if possible thanks for the help

todbartell
01-13-2009, 11:30 PM
wouldn't an out of province hunter have to have some sort of host?

riflebuilder
01-14-2009, 05:57 AM
to hunt AB you would have to draw a tag. That will take about 5-6 yrs. Then you need a hunter host to take you. Much easier to just go to Montana or SD, WY etc and shoot one. I used to hunt antelope in MT every year lots of fun. I know some great places to go if you want any info.

Rob
01-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Canada is spelled with a capital C. sorry :razz:.

bighornbob
01-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I wnet to Montana on a do it yourself hunt. Well a guy down there took us but very doable. I may head back in a few years again. Getting rifles across the border is not a problem ( I went right after 9-11) you just need the paper work. Drawing a tag is like 4:1 odds so you may wait a bit.

PM me if you want more details.

BHB

leadpillproductions
01-14-2009, 05:39 PM
any info would be great thanks

Fisher-Dude
01-14-2009, 06:50 PM
wouldn't an out of province hunter have to have some sort of host?

I think a note from his mom will suffice.

Duk Dog
01-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Wyoming http://gf.state.wy.us/ - no need for a guide.

Montana http://fwp.mt.gov/default.html

Springer
01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Even with the options of doing a hunt in Montana or Wyoming you should still start applying for your Antelope draw in Alberta. I am going and hosting a BC hunter this Fall for Antelope. there is a good thread started on the albertaoutdoorsmen.ca
I even learned lots on this thread especially about their migration. PM if you need any other info i can help with.

Cheers
Springer

01-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Another option to look at is the States. I have been to Wyomming twice for antelope. Was very affordable and definanlty a do it yoursefl kinda hunt.

I know that getting firearms across the border has changed since I was there, but you can do it.

Sen me a PM if you want any info.

I agree, I've hunted both Montana and Wyoming for pronghorn. You need an ATF gun permit and a passport. They treat hunters with respect down there that we haven't seen in Canada for a couple decades now.