PDA

View Full Version : sight pins

westhoyt
01-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi, another question guys,
Should my pins be spread out through the whole site encloser or should I try to leave the top third to half for finding target when drawing? Or is it personal preferance Thanks Jody

Bowzone_Mikey
01-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Its personal preferance ... Honestly I never really thought about it before ... I just set the 20 ... near the top of the enclosure .. simply because I used to have alot of pins when i used the same rig for hunting and target .... I used 7 pins set at 10 yards from 20 -80 yrds with the slower bows i had early in my archery carreer that made for a wide spread

Now I have multiple bows and single pin movable sites ....:)

Ron.C
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
yep, personal preference. I shoot a trophy ridge sight and like BZ Mikey, my 20 yard top pin is set as high as it can go, so everything else just gets adjusted where it needs to be from there.

Ddog
01-11-2009, 09:19 PM
a third to say personal preferance,,, i have mine set so they are in the middle, same distance from the top to the bottom.

westhoyt
01-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Ok sounds good, my son says I am way to technical, just shoot and have fun, he did shoot 2 big bucks this year and me only a small fork, but it was pretty fun haveing all those deer running past during the rut.

oldtimer
01-12-2009, 07:05 AM
I put my 20 near the top and work down to my 60 yard pin. I try to start with the sight box in the middle of it's adjustment which allows me a good range. Mike

bushpig slayer
01-12-2009, 08:17 AM
do you want to make life easy.go to an adjustable single sight,i will never go back to multiple pins again to much clutter and possible mistakes.having a single pin has improved my accuracy by double.you see alot more of the animal too.look at someones single sight set up it will open your eye's.

01-12-2009, 08:54 AM
All I ever used for hunting was two pins 20 and 30 yds.
For 3D I added a 40 yd pin.

Bow Walker
01-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I ues a 5-pin sight - my close yardage pin is set near the top of the sight housing (like almost everyone else) and the rest of the pins just naturally fill the rest of the housing. Not FILL the housing to the point of clutter - but , you get my meaning...

I can see the complete sight housing thru my peep when I draw and aim. Sights with reflective rings on the housing make this very easy. It's a snap then to pick the pin I want an make the shot.

westhoyt
01-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey thanks alot again guys. Jody