PDA

View Full Version : Elk

WOLVERINE-RIDER
10-15-2005, 01:47 PM
fresh elk in the freezer today. Can't wait. Anyone have any perticular favorites that I might not have tried? (not that good elk needs anything but a hot grill)

kyleklassen
11-02-2013, 10:47 PM
is it still ,o.k???

huff
01-12-2014, 12:55 AM
I like an Elk roast seared good in a big cast frying pan. Stuff with fresh garlic cloves , sprinkle on some rosemary,lots of pepper,some salt . Throw in slowcooker on bed of carrots and onions. cup or 2 of your favourite red wine and a litre of apple juice, bay leafs .then cook for 6 to 8 hours. Thicken the stock when done with corn starch or flour.. have with mashed spuds and creamy horse radish..

Marlin375
01-12-2014, 01:56 AM
I like an Elk roast seared good in a big cast frying pan. Stuff with fresh garlic cloves , sprinkle on some rosemary,lots of pepper,some salt . Throw in slowcooker on bed of carrots and onions. cup or 2 of your favourite red wine and a litre of apple juice, bay leafs .then cook for 6 to 8 hours. Thicken the stock when done with corn starch or flour.. have with mashed spuds and creamy horse radish..

Even if the roast has been in the freezer for 8yrs ?...........(really old thread).........lol

huff
01-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Like no one else has bagged an Elk since .. Einstein.. lol

huff
01-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Glad you got chuckle out of it ,all the same.