PDA

View Full Version : Moose in Norway

newhunterette
01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
When I was in Denmark this past summer, I met many of Peter's cousins and one of them we got to talking about hunting. I told him I enjoy moose hunting and he laughed because "moose" is Danish for mouse.

Any ways, he went hunting in Norway and sent me this picture of him with his "Mouse" in 2007

hehehehe

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/FlemmingsMoose.jpg

Buckwheat
01-09-2009, 04:31 PM
wow my teachers are wrong, moose are living in other countries besides canada. thanks for showing the cool picture

shane

Gateholio
01-09-2009, 04:56 PM
wow my teachers are wrong, moose are living in other countries besides canada. thanks for show the cool picture

shane

Sweden, Norway, Russia and others have moose populations.

porcupine
01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
They call them elk in europe

moosinaround
01-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I am in disbelief!! A teacher, who has gone through a minimum of 4 years of university, didn't know there were moose in other countries??!!! Moosin

Steeleco
01-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I am in disbelief!! A teacher, who has gone through a minimum of 4 years of university, didn't know there were moose in other countries

Wait till she gets his speech!!! Nice pic Ali. They don't look real big but it's still a moose!! Thanks

lip_ripper00
01-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I belieive in Norway moose are called "Elgar"

cainer
01-09-2009, 06:58 PM
My cat wants a mouse that big! :razz:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr331/cainer1/MouseHunter.jpg

mark
01-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I am in disbelief!! A teacher, who has gone through a minimum of 4 years of university, didn't know there were moose in other countries??!!! Moosin

And a CO from penticton thought that spike moose had to have a minimum of 7 cm. spikes to be legal!

My point is, dont takes what anyone says as gospel, lots of bad info in peoples heads everywhere!

That moose looks pretty small to me!

DrewT
01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Quote "That moose looks pretty small to me!"

I might be wrong, but looking at the face, it looks like a calf

MB_Boy
01-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Sweden, Norway, Russia and others have moose populations.

I have from an "inside source" who was at the International Moose Conference (yes it does exist but generally referred to as the North American when on this side of the "pond") in Sweden and they have/had the highest moose densities in the world. Or at least they did back around the late 80's to early 90's. That is based on the number of moose per square mile from population surveys. It's been awhile since I have chatted about Swedish moose with the "source" but I am pretty sure that is the general idea of the pops in Sweden.

They also have a very different management philosophy (by the hunting clubs) over there, in that they tend to shy away from harvesting the big mature bulls to ensure their "seed" lives on. (or at least they "did" ;-))

Moosehunter64
01-09-2009, 11:35 PM
The whole idea of a calf season and immature season came from Sweden.

scallywag
01-09-2009, 11:51 PM
i think it might just might be one huge dude..

mrdoog
01-10-2009, 09:44 AM
You would think ole Lars would have a smile on his face; hate to see his expression if his dog just died.

newhunterette
01-10-2009, 10:24 PM
The colouring in the fur is what is beautiful to me - I have never seen any of our moose with such a sheen of silver in it - His moose looks so soft and velvety

and Mr. Doog his name is not Lars by the way it is Flemming :) and if you ever see most photos of Danes, they always look serious unless they have been into the Aakavit.

tomahawk
01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
The colouring in the fur is what is beautiful to me - I have never seen any of our moose with such a sheen of silver in it - His moose looks so soft and velvety

Soft and velvety like a calf moose, nice lookin calf for sure!

Muleycatcher
01-10-2009, 10:35 PM
looks like nice steaks to me, I agree beautiful coat on it..nice pics!

Elkhound
01-11-2009, 01:26 AM
yup...moose in Norway are called Elg.

Thats why the Norwegian elkhound is actually an elghund.....meaning moose dog....but the english translation screwed it up.

Edward Teach
01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?

See the løveli lakes

The wonderful telephøne system

And mani interesting furry animals

Including the majestic møøse

A Møøse once bit my sister ...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse
with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given
her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and
star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst
Nordfink".

riflebuilder