PDA

View Full Version : How are the "valley folk" fairing with the water?

Ian F.
01-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Wondering how our members in the 'wack and abby are doing with all this water, haven't seen Adam or his brother on here.

Hope all is fine and you're on high ground,

Very best,

Ian

Angel
01-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I was out and about in the fort Langley area yesterday and everything is a lake now. Around the golf course and high and low lands theres water water water......

Dirty
01-09-2009, 11:57 AM
My parents live in Chilliwack and there were only 2 houses on the block that didn't have water problems: theirs and a neighbors down the street. Some places have a couple feet of water around them. We were lucky though because we have cleared the drains and installed drainage. Even so the drains were backed up to the top and swirling. Our septic backed up, and we checked it at 6am and had a pumper truck in by 1pm. The water and shat was starting to come up the pipe into the house, but we caught it in time. There were neighbors chasing the pumper truck down the road when it left like it was an ice cream truck. We also got an outhouse dropped off. We can't do dishes, shower, or anything. We are using paper plates and plastic cups. It is like hunting camp but we don't get to go hunting. This is the worst it has been in this area in 30 years.

Qwa-honn
01-09-2009, 12:01 PM
The slough in Deroch/Dewdney is pretty high but is starting to go down. The fields have alot of water on them. Everywhere you look puddles or sheets of water. I hope to find some birds to get after this weekend but with so much water they are going to spread out kinda thin.

Crazy_Farmer
01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
With this much water in every field, it really spreads out the ducks. I even saw my first pair of mergansers in a corn field down the road.

No flooding yet but a lot of property and a few roadways are under a few inches, it looks like the worst is over so we'll be fine here, looks like chilliwack sure took a hit up against the mountains with mud slides though.

Just becuase we're not posting pictures doesnt mean we're not hunting, you'd figure everyone would get tired of seeing so many dead birds each time thought I'd give you guys a break. :p

Ian F.
01-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Hope the water goes quick and folks don't get set too far back.

Ian