PDA

View Full Version : Cow Bay... Not Happy!

longshot
01-06-2009, 07:14 PM
As my dad and I hunt Cowichan Bay every week all season. We know lots of really nice hunters. Latley, we have had some bad issues.

Example: A few weeks ago we saw these two hunters on a dyke and were skybustin any bird within 80 yards. Wounded TONS. :mad: They also don't get along with people and think they own the place. They also sent a couple of shots down our way, shot at bird watchers on the road, shot around 2 boxes of shells each, and got something like 3 birds with who knows how many were wounded. Next day we ran into a really nice hunter and his dog found 5 dead ducks that wern't his.

Illegal Regs: People shooting 20 minutes early on widgeon island on Dec. 20th. Huh, like to run into them.

A Worse Example: During last week, Me, my dad, and sister went to the bay and had people hunting ducks off the dinsdale. Then the irrresponsible hunters come up on the dyke on the dinsdale and shoot at more 'illegal' birds. I dont get it. You are shooting in an illeagal spot and Killing ducks and lots couldn't be retrieved? I swear, my 11 year old sister has more knowledge to saftey and hunting sense than these hunters.

AND AN EVEN WORSE Example: The same people were there a few weeks earlier and shot at us as we and they were in the same spots. A had pellets land two feet beside me. Was going to give them heck until we saw them drinking+hunting. They would shoot buffleheads in the river and just let them float out and they would keep walking.

Then there is the empties. ALL OVER THE PLACE. On the road, trail, no shooting areas. I could pick up a 2 boxes of empties just where two people were. Then there is another 3 boxes every where else on the same dyke. Ok, everyone loses 5-10 with an auto/pump. I do. I think all of us do. Depends on what you're hunting on top of. But 50?

Conclusion: People better stop hunting Irresponsibly and have respect. I love hunting . I love hunting with others. And I love talking to people on this site. It's GREAT! I don't like talking bad about others but this problem needs to be fixed! Or there will be no cowichan hunting. So Vancouver Island hunters on this site, please watch out for these guys. Someone might get hurt, the last thing we want or anyone wants.

Not trying to make arguments or make people look bad, but to let you guys know about this and get the word out.

Good luck Hunting,
Giovanni (Longshot jr.)

Ddog
01-06-2009, 07:22 PM
so if you were being shot at did you report them? did you get their license plate number?
as a responsible hunter i hope you did this. in a situation like that if you were being shot at, conservation would be there in a real hurry.

The Dawg
01-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Agreed- call the CO's and let them know what you have seen. They would be very interested in what you have to say, and might even set up a sting there. Keep us informed!

longshot
01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
so if you were being shot at did you report them? did you get their license plate number?
as a responsible hunter i hope you did this. in a situation like that if you were being shot at, conservation would be there in a real hurry.

We reported it, didn't get licence plate as they were parked in a different area.
Now there is also a conservation officer that is going to be checking out the area more often. I also have the CO's phone number in my phone.

rifleman
01-06-2009, 07:53 PM
next time you go take a video camera & a cell phone. call the co's & or RCMP right away. catch these #$@^in guys & it will make it better 4 everyone.

Ddog
01-06-2009, 08:47 PM
good,,i thought you sounded like the type to report it, i hope they catch those S.O.B's. we dont need people like that carrying firearms.
please keep us posted on here to whether or not they catch them. I would like to hear about them being caught.
cheers.....ddog