PDA

View Full Version : Cool sausage stuffer

OOBuck
01-05-2009, 08:46 PM
I was checking these out the other day and thought it would be great for guys that get the butch to do their ground and want to try making sausages on their own, it hooks to your sink tap and uses water pressure to stuff the casings.. :razz:

http://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/

On another note, I was talking to a buddy of mine whos mother use to make sausage as a kid. She apperently made a stuffer from a plastic 2 liter pop bottle & an old funnel. She cut the bottem off of the bottle. Cut the tip off the funnel & the center out of an old cap apprently work quite well...

Bow Walker
01-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Being an old 'butch' I looked over the site from the link in your other thread about sausages and was quite impressed with those stuffers. Both the mechanics and the low price. Thanks Scott.

OOBuck
01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Island Outfitters has them in stock if you want to look at them up close...

huntwriter
01-13-2009, 09:44 PM
I have never used the Dakota stuffer but been told from a reliable source that the seal is not very strong and over a relatively short time will begin to leak water into the emulsion chamber or where the water hose is connected to the stuffer. This statement is form an avid home sausage maker that makes sausages on a weekly basis. The machine also has not enough power to push thicker and coarse sausage emulsion such as salami and emulsion used in most rough textured cold cuts. Since the machine is powered by water pressure it could make a big mess when it breaks with water splashing all over the kitchen.

The stuffer may be okay for the person using this machine ones or twice a year to make a small batch of game sausages. But for regular use and larger quantities I would go with something stronger that can stand up to the high pressure that builds up during sausage stuffing.