PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Woodducks, Pintails!

Mtnhunter
01-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello all,
I'm looking for some prime drake Woodies and Pintails for my showroom so folks can see my bird work! I don't get any wood ducks up my way and few Pintails!
If any of you have any you're willing to part with let me know!
I'm in Campbell River on the Island and they can be frozen then sent up on the bus!
Thanks,
Craig

heyblast
01-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Hello Mtnhunter. I may be wrong but I don't think the sale of wild game is legal. Maybe by permit I'm not sure. Better to safe then sorry.

Crazy_Farmer
01-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Sorry no can do, thats the one thing that all changed with the migratory bird treaty act of 1918. If you're looking for a legal way, best would just be to ask if anyone has any in their freezer they dont plan on doing anything with. :smile:

Unless you do have a permit like the 12. (2) says.

12. (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fr/ShowDoc/cr/C.R.C.-ch.1035/bo-ga:s_10::bo-ga:s_12//fr?page=4&isPrinting=false#codese:12)(1) No person shall sell, expose for sale, offer for sale, trade, barter or buy migratory birds or the eggs, nests, carcasses or skins of migratory birds, except as authorized by these Regulations.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person acting under authority of a special permit in writing from the Minister.

SOR/2005-198, s. 2.

12.1 (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fr/ShowDoc/cr/C.R.C.-ch.1035/bo-ga:s_10::bo-ga:s_12//fr?page=4&isPrinting=false#codese:12_1)(1) Subject to subsection (2), a person may possess, purchase, sell, barter or transport the feathers of migratory game birds for the purpose of making fishing flies, bedding, clothing or other similar uses if the feathers so used were obtained under the authority of a valid migratory game bird hunting permit.

(2) No person shall purchase, sell, barter or offer to purchase, sell or barter the feathers of migratory birds for millinery or ornamental use.

SOR/85-694, s. 3; SOR/86-534, s. 3(E); SOR/2000-331, s. 3.

12.2 (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fr/ShowDoc/cr/C.R.C.-ch.1035/bo-ga:s_10::bo-ga:s_12//fr?page=4&isPrinting=false#codese:12_2)A person may give a migratory game bird to another person for the purpose of mounting or human consumption, or for the purpose of training dogs as retrievers, if the bird was killed under the authority of a migratory game bird hunting permit.

Dirty
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I had a matching pair in the freezer, but when it failed, they went bad. I get a lot of Wood Ducks where I am and have been seeing lots. If I get out before the end of the season I will try and shoot one for you. My neighbors have about 50 at their bird feeder for the last week. They have been pigging out. There is regularly flocks of 20 birds buzzing around the house. It is nice to see and listen to them.

Gunner
01-05-2009, 06:27 PM
There's lots here in Sept/Oct. but I always seem to come up with a reason not to shoot them!Don't know why,I have a mounted hen woodie with room on the base for a drake.Maybe next year! Gunner

kyleklassen
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
don't think he said anything about buying or selling, maybe i missed it.

Qwa-honn
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Hello all,
I'm looking for some prime drake Woodies and Pintails for my showroom so folks can see my bird work! I don't get any wood ducks up my way and few Pintails!
If any of you have any you're willing to part with let me know!
I'm in Campbell River on the Island and they can be frozen then sent up on the bus!
Thanks,
Craig
I don't see anything about buying or trading... do you?

Ddog
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
unless the post changed he doesnt mention buying,,just looking for some that someone may be willing to part with.

Crazy_Farmer
01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't see anything about buying or trading... do you?

Notice the **edited** part under the orginal post, he has changed it, so all is good and legit now :p

heyblast
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
The original post offered a cash amount, thats why I pointed out that it wasn't legal. I didn't want anybody getting into trouble. I would like to help you Mtnhunter but the woodies are only around my area at the start of season and the pintails are not that common, but you never know theres still two and half weeks left.

Mtnhunter
01-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks guys,
Yes originally I was in the wrong! Thanks for pointing that out! And thanks for keeping me in mind!

branthunter
01-06-2009, 11:29 AM
If I get a pintail I'll freeze it for you.