PDA

View Full Version : improvised game carrier

ratherbefishin
10-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I picked up a cheap dolly[no, not what you were thinking!] and a pair of wheel barrow wheels, which I switched for the regular 6''wheels that came with it.I needed a longer axle to accomodate the larger wheels so a trip to Home Hardware got me a piece of 5/8th round stock,which I drilled for the cotter pins.A 1''piece of 3/4 copper pipe made a spacer to clear the wheel from the support bar.Now I have a large wheeled dolly that can be pulled over rough ground.I will probably weld on a couple of sockets on the bottom of the dolly so as to to slip in a U shaped piece of pipe so the l can balance the load, or provide a way of two people to handle it.

Thunderstix
10-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Post some pics when you are finished. I bought one of those "Pack Carts" by Sasquatch Fabrications which are advertised in the Hunting Regs. Bought it 6 or 7 years ago and have packed many bears on it and some moose.

ratherbefishin
10-11-2005, 07:05 AM
ok-I'll see what I can do.The main criteria I had was it had to be functional, simple , easily constructed and made with basically off the shelf items -and of course, cost effective[cheap!]

Farmer
10-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Thunderstix, sounds like you like your Pack Cart. Do you have any more comments on ease of use , durability, balance on rough ground, etc? Does it require 2 people or can one move a critter fairly easy with it?
Gord

Looking for an easier way than my back.:smile :

Thunderstix
10-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Been away for 5 days. One peson can use it with absolute ease especially on flat ground. It is very durable and I have packed close to 400 pounds on it with no ill effect. It can actually fold for easier packing in your vehicle but I just leave it whole. I also tied in a pieice of commercial fishing net over the whole thing so that I could pack fire wood etc on it around camp. I even used it to pull our zodiak behind the ATV.

If using on ground where there are logs etc then 2 people are better as you just each grab an end and presto. If the logs are only 8 inch or so then one person can easily pull the cart over them no problem.