PDA

View Full Version : finger tab or shooting glove

pupper
12-29-2008, 11:36 PM
hey sorry to ask a barrage of traditional archery questions in one day but I would just like to know whether I should buy a shooting glove or a finger tab for shooting my new recurve?

pros vs. cons?

jessbennett
12-30-2008, 09:13 AM
hey pupper,

youll have to try them all, but i would highly reccomend a glove. take a look at the martin gloves, theyre awsome.

tomahawk
12-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Its a matter of personal preference, however most shooters I know use a glove.

Will
12-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Pupper I prefer a glove while hunting just for the convenience of it, no need to fumble with a tab when a shot presents itself...I still shoot a tad bit better with a Tab though IMO but the Glove gets the nod for me when out stalking ;-)

I've got an extra tab(calf hair), I'll throw in the box...at least for you to give it a feel...don't want you burnin off your fingers ;)

Bow Walker
12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
From my finger days - either one will work just fine. It's a matter of personal preference. Me? I preferred the tab, maybe that's why I now shoot a release.

tomahawk
12-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Pupper I prefer a glove while hunting just for the convenience of it, no need to fumble with a tab when a shot presents itself...I still shoot a tad bit better with a Tab though IMO but the Glove gets the nod for me when out stalking;)

That is most likely the case for most guys and gals as the glove is there and at ready all the time whereas the tab requires some time to get ready or must be cared for if carried reversed on the finger.

greybark
12-30-2008, 11:00 PM
:smile: Hey Pupper , Two reasons I have always preffered a tab . Firstly it is easy to make a tab out of almost any leather . I am prone to missplacing my tabs and so have several on hand . Cheap and easy to make ...
The second reason is that the :Saunders : tab is of a material that is waterproof and will perform in dry or soaking (west coast) conditions.
:sad: A wet leather glove with the hard leather fingers will CHUNK up and make a smooth release very hard . A wet leather tab is by nature a bit softer and your release is much less affected .
Hope this helps .....

pupper
12-31-2008, 12:28 AM
thanks alot for the advice guys

PGK
12-31-2008, 12:34 AM
Try both. I shoot my best trad rounds with a glove. The tab seems to mentally help the release 3-2-1-gone, but I find I am much smoother with a glove. I second the Martin gloves.