PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Compound bow need advise

dingus
09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi well i bought a like new Barnet compound Bow 55/60 lb 31 inch draw but can be set to 29in i think 31 will be perfect as a long while back i shot 30in but that felt a tad short.
Anyway it was such a sweet deal i took a chance and bought it as a couple guys here said reg limbs were fine. The bow comes with hard case trigger release nice fiber optic sights Everything i need 6 alum arrows everything but broadheads theres a bunch of stuff i dont even know what its for tools, squares ,crimping pliars.New spare string arrow quiver
And some kind of a knock down arrow rest:?
So are Barnet compound bows any good?
I had a barnet rino cross bow it was ex good quailty.
I know they dont make them on this side of the pond anymore but there quite popular in Euroupe so i here.
I paid $350 for the works.
I want to get back into this and wanted something all ready to go.in one package deal.

Bow Walker
09-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Take the package deal to a pro shop and make sure that the fit is right for you.

Also have the shop inspect (fully) the package to make sure that everthing is in working order and that nothing is likely to go wrong when you go out to shoot it.

Where are you? Maybe we could recommend a pro shop to you.

It sounds like a good deal, but don't take any chances.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Dan.

dingus
09-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Im up near Campbell river dont think theres any good bow shops up here there used to be a guy on the old cumberland road in Courtenay but his shop is gone.
The bow wont arive for a few weeks As im buying it from a guy in sask,
But i get a inspection period.
With the draw lengh ajustable it sould be ok tho i dont know if the tru fire release adds or changes draw lenght as i never used one before.
the sights are Tru glo 3D sights so i hope there better than them old pin sights i used years ago.

Bow Walker
09-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Dingus,

If you email Bill Sampson at bowtech@shaw.ca he should be able to steer you to the nearest shop. He has his won business in Cobble Hill (Cowichan Rd.). I can personally recommend him. Well worth the money.

If there is nobody up your way - it may be worth sending the bow to him and getting him to look it over for you. If you are down this way, he is open on Saturdays (if there is no shoot scheduled). Give him an email - he won't steer you wrong.

Dan.