PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Sport Sled/Tote

motonl93
11-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Firstly, everyone on this site has been very helpful and seem genuinely interested in lending a hand to newbies..(and newfies!)..so thanks! It's always a gamble with public forums that have a tendancy to loose site of the common interest and I havent seen that here.

I am looking for a Sport sled / tote to tow behind my small boat - primarily for decoys, shell boxes etc. Cabela's carry the exact one I'm looking for (Sport Sled/Tote) but won't ship it to Vancouver? Anyone seen one of these on craigs list, or in a dealer somewhere?

Huey
11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
If it the one you want at the price you want, just ship it to Sumas. shiphappenssumas . com costs a whopping $4!!

Ian F.
11-21-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.njwa.org/Old/gunningboxplans.htm

New Jersey Meadow Box

These are wicked slick! Had one back east, used to carry my goose rig in it behind my sneakbox and then hunt out of it. Also did a lot of dragging with it, great rigs!

If you build one, drop me a line and I'll fill you in on the changes I'd make, goes for anyone.

Very best,

Ian

P.S. I have a picture of it in tow at home somewhere

Duckman
10-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Firstly, everyone on this site has been very helpful and seem genuinely interested in lending a hand to newbies..(and newfies!)..so thanks! It's always a gamble with public forums that have a tendancy to loose site of the common interest and I havent seen that here.

I am looking for a Sport sled / tote to tow behind my small boat - primarily for decoys, shell boxes etc. Cabela's carry the exact one I'm looking for (Sport Sled/Tote) but won't ship it to Vancouver? Anyone seen one of these on craigs list, or in a dealer somewhere?

I made something similar from a concrete mixing tub that I bought at a home building store. Drilled a couple holes in the lip, and ran a rope through them to tow it. I use it in flooded fields, not sure about towing it behind a boat though...

dutchie
10-04-2009, 09:48 AM

Talk to Jason in Edmonton (Canadian Waterfowlers Pro Shop) I am pretty sure he will get them in and he usually comes down here in December.

Just a thought.

Dutchie

Qwa-honn
10-04-2009, 10:20 AM
The other avenue's that you can take is the snowmobile shops carrie sleds like this or can get them.
The also have them as calf sleds back east.

duck stamp
08-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Try Cabalis they have a camo Ice sled I have one that I fill up with decoys and pull it behind my sneak boat. If you are interested the stock number is # IK-420385 Look it up on line.