PDA

View Full Version : draw length- ??

browningboy
11-09-2008, 05:24 PM
How does one figure out what your perfect draw length is?

bigmike
11-09-2008, 05:25 PM
you cant bowhunt from a truck:mrgreen:

Eagle1
11-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Type in" arrow trade mag "and you will bring up this months arrow trade magazine, flip the pages and you will find a very good article on draw lenght and there's also a good one on the lenght of the bow" ATA" to match what works best with your draw lenght.

Bow Walker
11-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Quick and easy way (it gets you within an inch) is to get someone to measure your wingspan - muddle finger tip to middle finger tip. Take that measurement and divide by 2.5

To be absolutely sure you need to visit an archery shoppe. Once you decide on a bow "type" you can move on to an example of that type (Traditional Compound?) and then decide if you're a 'fingers' kinda guy or a 'release' shooter.

From there the pro will be abe to measure you exactly. Don't scoff - it's important - everything else is based on it.

willyqbc
11-10-2008, 12:03 AM
As stated there are ways to get you close....and your local pro shop will get you closer, but I don't believe you can achieve a "perfect" draw length, tailored to you until you have shot for several years and figured out what length is the best for you. Now I am talking about very small adjustments as small as 1/16th of an inch. You may not think it would make a difference but it does, and the only way to determine those subtle length changes is to shoot enough and gain enough experience to know when you feel "a little long" or "a little cramped". Like anything you will need to try some minor adjustments to see where your best results come from. It's like building a hand load for a rifle.....you start with whole grain measurements, then narrow it down and move to 1/2 grain increments then narrow it further down to 1/10th a a grain increments and see which works best. Same with draw length...get it good, then work on better, then work on perfect.

Chris

browningboy
11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys, just pondering about getting a bow and getting into it, could at least practise in the back yard with one of those blocks, seems pretty cool.
I'll have to research a good outfit around Langley.