PDA

View Full Version : Pitt Marsh Questions

motonl93
11-09-2008, 03:02 PM
I am new to hunting in BC..moved from NL last year. Waterfowl hunting here is very different from home. I wanted to hunt the Pitt Marsh (near Pitt Lake) for ducks and geese? Anyone frequent this area?
What type of ducks can I expect to see in that area?...Any feedback is greatly appreciated..also looking for a hunting partner for day trips if interested.

M

Dano
11-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi Mark,
Welcome to the site.
The Pitt is a great place to hunt but you need to check your special area regulations because there are closed areas all around it and any dyke bordering a closed area and an open area is also closed to hunting. You need a boat to get in there, decoys, and a dog (you will lose a lot of birds without a dog). The place is a maze of sloughs and ditches. At this time of year there isn't a lot of high ground out there, you need to hide the boat well or camo it if you are hunting from it.
Navigation in the dark isn't recommended until you know your way around. I know of a few guys who have hunted night flight and spent a few hours motoring around in the dark trying to find their way to the launch.
Check my profile and look at my posts and way back there is a lot of info on the Pitt. If you need any specific info, send a pm.
Dan

sparkes3
11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
good to see another fellow newfie on here if you want to go out one of these weekends let me know and i will see what i can do.i havent hunted the pitt marsh but i do know of some good places to go.

motonl93
11-11-2008, 09:11 AM
thanks guys for the feedback!
always looking for a hunting buddy, send me a pm and we can arrange to chat about getting out some weekend!

M

sparkes3
11-22-2008, 06:59 PM
were heading out to ladner tomorrow

Legi0n
11-22-2008, 07:54 PM
were heading out to ladner tomorrow
do tell the story :mrgreen:

Sunny
12-02-2008, 01:33 PM
all the time good to have partner count me on if you guys need me

sparkes3
12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
we got our limit in about 4 hours (24)as there was three of us.it wa sa good day might head out again this weekend