PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Trail Cam Pic Yet

Huey
11-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Cool email I got today....

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/cam.jpg

mooseless
11-05-2008, 09:40 PM
You could not get that shot if you tried too!!!

Bighorn hunter
11-05-2008, 09:41 PM
certanly a well placed shot

kloosterboer
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM
wow thats awesome!

mooseless
11-05-2008, 10:12 PM
And to shoot it in the air like that!!!!

The Dawg
11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Great pic and great shot!

bruin
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
That's pretty wild, it looks like the guy had it over a bait pile.

Dragginbait
11-05-2008, 11:15 PM
How the hell did he get the deer to jump onto his arrow like that? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_2v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt425YYCA)

Dirty
11-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Cool picture, but the moment I see pictures like this I always think photoshop.

todbartell
11-05-2008, 11:49 PM
......photochop

c.r.hunter
11-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Why photoshop? My trailcam takes 9 pics in a burst-like a sport setting on an SLR camera. Make the shot, 9 quick pics of the deer reacting to she shot. It's possible.

todbartell
11-06-2008, 12:26 AM
you can see the corn is fake

c.r.hunter
11-06-2008, 12:29 AM
you can see the corn is fake
I wasn't looking at the corn...lol

Bow Walker
11-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Cool email I got today....

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/cam.jpg

Photo-chopped/shopped or bait pile shooting it's a cool pic. :cool:

Although if I were a nit-pick kinda guy I'd hafta call B.S. on the way the blood is 'spurting' out at the moment of arrow entry. Great placement of the arrow btw, but it's obviously just entering since so much of it is still showing - and - the deer wouldn't react ike that until the arrow had past all the way thru.;) Obviously the deer just tripped and is trying to recover.:lol:

Neat pic all the same.

kastles
11-06-2008, 07:04 PM
i would love to have the ability to arrow an animal and then shoot it with the cannon :)

mark
11-06-2008, 09:42 PM
For all we know the archer hit the deer and it ran past the camera, I almost had the same pic a couple years ago as I bowed a whitetale buck and he ran right for my camera, then veered off just on the edge of photo range. Very possible and the corn doesnt look to fake to me???

Eagle1
11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
cool pic, I've shoot a lot of deer with a bow over the years and yea I've had them react this way, most all heart shot animals jump into the air.
It looks like the second jump over the corn and yea the blood will squirt and not all arrows pass completely thru, a lighter weight longbow or recurve or even a older compound bow expecially if it hit the shoulder on the other side.
But a real cool pic.

blackwater
11-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Well if it is a fake the guy payed attention to detail. You can see the start of the blood coming on the far side as the arrow starts it's exit. Looks like a plausible picture to me. Guy hunting from a tree stand over bait - angles look right.

hannibal
11-08-2008, 09:56 AM
I see an episode idea for Mythbusters!

Bow Walker
11-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Well if it is a fake the guy payed attention to detail. You can see the start of the blood coming on the far side as the arrow starts it's exit. Looks like a plausible picture to me. Guy hunting from a tree stand over bait - angles look right.
Youv'e got way better eyes than I have if you can see the arrow starting its exit...it must be a 4' arrow :shock::-P

Bill - you and blackwater must see the same "long" arrow that I don't see...:shock::-P

kastles
11-08-2008, 10:11 AM
will trail cams use a flash?

jessbennett
11-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Photo-chopped/shopped or bait pile shooting it's a cool pic. :cool:

Although if I were a nit-pick kinda guy I'd hafta call B.S. on the way the blood is 'spurting' out at the moment of arrow entry. Great placement of the arrow btw, but it's obviously just entering since so much of it is still showing - and - the deer wouldn't react ike that until the arrow had past all the way thru.;) Obviously the deer just tripped and is trying to recover.:lol:

Neat pic all the same.

if you look close, you can see the arrow exiting by the front leg on opposite side.

i dont think the arrow is that much longer than that of what most people would use either. id say there is only 8- 10 '' of shaft left showing. on average people shoot a shaft between 26 and 30'' shaft for hunting. some much longer. i know a fella that has a 33'' draw length......:razz:

i think this pic may be legit.... and its dam cool.

blackwater
11-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Youv'e got way better eyes than I have if you can see the arrow starting its exit...it must be a 4' arrow :shock::-P

:-P

4 foot?? It's a young, southern whitetail...how wide do you think the body is? I'm not saying I see the arrow...but it does look like a blood explosion underneath the right front leg. Anyway a 28-30" arrow probably would only be half way before it started exiting the other side....just guesstimating the buck is not much more than 15" wide at that point.

Anyway, it's all for fun...I finally got some tread on my new-to-me XTerra, so I'm going hunting and creating my own cool picture.

Bow Walker
11-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Jess - that's 4'' fletching on the shaft (imho) so judging from that, there has to be a good 14" of arrow waiting to penetrate the left side, and I did look close and yet can't identify anything looking like a part of the arrow coming out the right side. Old eyes, I guess.

blackwater et al....I agree that it's a cool pic - one worth saving.

2slow
11-08-2008, 10:42 PM
looks to me like someone spent alot of time setting up his trail cam right below his tree stand that arrow is going in at an extreme downward angle and does appear to be just barely exiting out of the bottom of the chest infront of the opposing leg. Try zooming the picture in. also if its a fake he is really good as he put another deer reacting to the shot on the left side of the picture you can just see his tail starting to raise and back leg

happygilmore
11-09-2008, 05:06 AM
iffy with todays technology, however how many guys noticed the other deer to the left of the pic? looks spooked... the tail makes me think it's real, it would be hard to take a pic of a deer and make the tail strait out like that.

Eagle1
11-09-2008, 10:27 AM
As I said it proable hit bone and didn't penetrate all the way thru. Go watch a bunch more archery DVD's and you'll see not all arrows pass thru.

Sure is a lot of "COMPUTER EXPERTS" on here. Shoot some game with the bow first.Just my 2c.

mgnm300
11-09-2008, 10:33 AM
can someone tell me how i can post some pics on here ?? i have the photo bucket pics but how do you post not using the link but the actual pic?

Moosenose
11-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Looks like a legitimate photo to me.
Trail cam set up by a feeding station.
Hunter takes the shot, animal is hit and jumps triggering the motion sensor of the camera. I don't see the arrow going through, but that doesn't matter. It doesn't look like he would have went far. I doubt if the greenies would like the shot of an animal caught in the few seconds between life and death. It is interesting and rare.

rifleman
11-09-2008, 11:28 AM
very neat. thanx fer sharin

goatdancer
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
That's what they call 'wing shooting' deer with a bow.