PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on a Goose Call

longshot
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I am looking for a affordable but good quality goose call. Right now i got my eyes on the RNT Goozilla :shock:. Mabey a FA brand? Not Sure. What would you guys recommend or use for those Honkers. Any help would be GREAT.

Thanks,

Longshot

mattchu_19
10-20-2008, 06:12 AM
I'd go with either the FA brand HP honker or just plain honker. They are both made by Bill Saunders and easy to run and have some of the same features as some of his acrylic calls. Bills a great guy and retunes all his calls for free, plus if you phone him he will blow the calls over the phone so you can hear them. I have used Saunders call for a while now and love them. The only other thing I can recommend is to also buy a calling dvd like, Honker Talk or Bad Grammer, they will teach you everything you need to know about blow a short reed.

fowl language
10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
i concur on the saunders call,i also stumbled on a call made by southern calls.they are reasonably priced and have the rasp needed for geese.but the best call is the one you can blow the best. i probably have 15 or 20 calls and still have my one favorite but i like to change up once and a while.if you would like to hear some of them i would be happy to help on the phone if you woud give me a number.....fowl

Qwa-honn
10-21-2008, 08:35 PM
You could also check out www.canadianwaterfowelersproshop.com (http://www.canadianwaterfowelersproshop.com) Jason would be able to answer any questions that you may have also. I also have a suanders call that I purchased from Mattchu 19 and am very happy with it.
But like fowl language I have quite a few different other and change up every so often on my lanyard also. It depends on the geese. Sometimes it seem like they like a certain tone. That is the reason for the multiple calls. If memory serves I started out with a winglock delrin short reed.
good luck

longshot
10-25-2008, 12:06 AM
I'd go with either the FA brand HP honker or just plain honker. They are both made by Bill Saunders and easy to run and have some of the same features as some of his acrylic calls. Bills a great guy and retunes all his calls for free, plus if you phone him he will blow the calls over the phone so you can hear them. I have used Saunders call for a while now and love them. The only other thing I can recommend is to also buy a calling dvd like, Honker Talk or Bad Grammer, they will teach you everything you need to know about blow a short reed.

Thanks for the info, how much do these calls here cost roughly?

Longshot

Crazy_Farmer
10-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the info, how much do these calls here cost roughly?

Longshot

Around $30-35. Sent you a PM.

longshot
10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks For the help guys! I think i'll be getting the FA Honker, most likely from Jason at Canadian Waterfowlers Pro Shop.

Longshot