PDA

View Full Version : Keep Areas Clean

Duck Buster
10-15-2008, 10:25 AM
I just got back from a morning goose hunt, and on my way home through Cow Bay I drove down to Westcon Terminal to see how the birds were moving. I walked out on one of the spits and found a whole mess of empty shell casings. I stopped counting at 30. With all the troubles there are with the anti-hunters in the area we need to do our part and clean up after ourselves. I regulary find myself picking up after others and last year cleaned up more shells than I have fired in 2 seasons. Have a great hunt and fill your bag limit, but when you pick up your birds and decoys pick up your empty shells as well. If everyone caries a garbage bag our hunting hot spots will remain as pristien as we can make them.

Cheers and good shooting.

Qwa-honn
10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Sounds like someone got lazy. I think most of us take a garbage bag as part or our gear. Take your gun, take garbage bag to clean up after gun. Doesn't take advanced algebra to figure this out.

Marc
10-15-2008, 09:01 PM
You lose the odd one once in a while when you use an auto loader but I hear you. I usually have empty casings in all my pockets by the time I get back into the house. Plus I reload so the casings I use are reused.

I've also seen people shoot ducks right from road which looks bad and is against the law.People like that will see us lose the last public places to hunt if they don't smarten up.