PDA

View Full Version : Need help re: salt chuck fishing trip

Ken the Kanuck
09-08-2005, 06:22 PM
A guy at work asked me about going fishing in the chuck and I said that I would look into it ( ergo this post :mrgreen: )

The trip would take place in the next month or so and this guy is from back east so salmon is what he wants. It would have to only be a 2 or 3 day trip over the weekend as work is very busy right now.

We would be leaving from Vancouver so this narrows the possibilities with only 2 or 3 days.

Anyone point me in the right direction? All help would be most appreciated.

I'm off Sunday for a moose hunt and will be gone for a week so if I don't answer it's not because of rudeness but because I'm in the bush.

Thanks,
Ken

MB_Boy
09-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Ken,

Depending whether or not you have a boat or are looking for a guided trip there are a couple of options. Plenty of fishing guides up in Campbell River which would be relatively easy for a 2 day trip, or you could make the trek across to Ucluelet. There is a group over there called Canadian Princes or something along that line. They are slightly larger boats with a number of people on them at one time or if $$$ is not a big concern then you could look at one of the many charters that will take out just a couple of people.

There is also Predator Charters out of Horseshoe Bay http://www.predatorcharters.com/ which you could get out locally and save the travel time. This operation is supposed to be very good and he knows the local waters very very well.

Ken the Kanuck
09-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Thanks, that info is most appreciated.

Ken

huntersdad
09-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Port Alberni and Campbell River are the spots to go. Lots of guides available and lots of places to stay. Two days fishing at either will net you some serious fish. salmon or ground fish

sealevel
09-20-2005, 06:19 AM
But in a month going to put you into middle of oct. what are you going to catch Salmon are dun a few coho dog salmon a haly if you go to tofino save your money and go next year.

Darren
09-27-2005, 10:11 PM
I live just south of Campbell river,Just got in from fishing this evening, took the boat out and there were Coho jumping everywhere, had one on but lost it. Only had 45 min of fishing before it got dark.

Ken the Kanuck
09-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Are you as far south as Salmon Point? Were you bucktailing. Come on you have whet my appetite, tell me more.

Ken