PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mule Deer bag limits

Wildman
10-10-2008, 11:51 AM
In the regs it states...Deer: The bag limit for mule deer is 2, one of which may be antlerless but only available under leh.

Then it states in MU 5-1 to 5-15 from Sept 10 - Nov 20 the bag limit is 1*
* The bag limit for mule deer is 2; however no more than one buck may be taken in each of the seasons above.

So...this is my first time ever getting a doe leh. With the above being said, does that mean I can still take two mule deer, my doe and a buck - in the same season?

Little confused, just want to make sure.

I'm outta here tomorrow early for 2+ weeks....looking forward to it!

MichelD
10-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes you read it right for Region 5.

10-10-2008, 12:31 PM
With the above being said, does that mean I can still take two mule deer, my doe and a buck - in the same season?

Yes, even in the same MU if you choose, the bag limit of 1 stated for the hunts listed in the regs refers to only bucks. You are not limited where you can take your buck, only your doe as per instructions on your LEH authorization.

jml11
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
you betcha, came home with two mulies a few years ago from 5-14, shot a doe the first morning and got a buck the next day. It is ok to carry more than mulie tag at once.

Aaron Blom
10-10-2008, 07:42 PM
If we as knowledgable hunters are asking these kind of questions do we as a group think that is time for a little clarification of the regulations?? If you need to ask a CO for clarification on ever little issue in the reg's I would think so... When is the next provincial election ?????

Caveman
10-10-2008, 07:44 PM
If we as knowledgable hunters are asking these kind of questions do we as a group think that is time for a little clarification of the regulations?? If you need to ask a CO for clarification on ever little issue in the reg's I would think so... When is the next provincial election ?????

Maybe we need a hunter to write the Reg's so everyone can understand them!! :smile:

BCrams
10-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Maybe we need a hunter to write the Reg's so everyone can understand them!! :smile:

Even when the regulations are clear cut. Some people just don't care to read or follow them.

That said, there are areas that could be revised to make it more clear and transparent.

TimberPig
10-10-2008, 08:47 PM
As already indicated, you have read the regs correctly.

Your antlerless LEH authorization is considered to be a separate "season" outside of the general any buck season.

With an LEH draw, you can shoot one buck and one doe at the same time, within the time limits of the draw and GOS, to a maximum of 2 mule deer for the region in region 5.