PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Moose LEH 5-02B (countdown)

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I figured I was going to begin this in a positive state of mind. I have one more week before Peter, Azshia, Chris (lefty), and my self head up to the cabin. I decided to begin a countdown, as incentive to feel healthy and ready to go. After seeing and reading about some of the fellow HBC members successes and even non-successes but great experiences has given me more inspirational courage to get stronger.

We have some friends heading to the cabin, to do some hunting and celebrate Thanksgiving (first thanksgiving in 5 years that we haven't been in the cabin). I believe Peter was getting his buddy Rob to hook up the trail cam for us while he is there so we can check out our special spot before we leave.

Part of my inspiration is knowing I get to relax in my cabin

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/P1010081.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/P1010082.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/P1010083.jpg

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I also found some pictures of the inside of the cabin, just a little more insight to the rustic luxury we stay in. My home domain is the big kitchen :). I enjoy our wall tent but being lucky enough to get a moose draw near the cabin is a special bonus.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/P1010071.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/P1010072.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/P1010073.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/P1010074.jpg

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
and herr is another reason we love to be in this tranquility of cariboo wilderness

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/DSC_0458.jpg

sneg
10-09-2008, 11:47 AM
wow great pictures. bet you have great memories about your cabin.good luck on your hunt.

Leaseman
10-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Never get tired of looking at pics of the place Alison.... hope all goes well!

Mike & Sherrie, Danielle & Nick

bosch
10-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Beautiful cabin and spot Ali, where is it?

elkdom
10-09-2008, 12:02 PM
and the 'peace and quiet' is shattered buy the HUGE muzzel blast from the gun belonging to (newhunterette) AKA (the kindly kitchen killer), several moose look across the cut block to oberve thier associate ( Un-Lucky da' Moose) being sized up for transport to the kitchen of Mild Mannered (newhunterette) aahhhhh!! the tranquility ! lol , good luck, have a safe hunt,, ps. dont get lost up at 'No Name Lake', they wont be able to find you cause nobody knows the name!!

rocksteady
10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
WOW !!!! Time to update the linoleum Ali...It's so 60' ish.....Maybe you should get Peter watching taped editions of real renos.....

I am jealous, would love to have such a place, that you know is not gonna leak or blow away in the wind (AKA Tent)....

Looks cozy and I am sure there are a lot of good memories in that place.....Will be even better when you go up there in a week and lay a smack down on a big bull winkle.....

Take care of yourself, so that you can be healthy for the hunt....I know you are recovering and probably trying to get 2.7 million things done prior to going, but take care of yourself first....Without you being healthy, its not going to be a special hunt...

bigmike
10-09-2008, 12:11 PM
I love that lino,I would never update something that retro

Leaseman
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Very well said Rocksteady..... now to see that she looks after herself.....:???:

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
wow great pictures. bet you have great memories about your cabin.good luck on your hunt.

been going there for 15 years

Never get tired of looking at pics of the place Alison.... hope all goes well!

Mike & Sherrie, Danielle & Nick

be nice iffn y'all could come up there with us one of these days

Beautiful cabin and spot Ali, where is it?

it is on Canim Lake - walk out the front door and the lake is right there (over a mile of beach front) and 33 acres

and the 'peace and quiet' is shattered buy the HUGE muzzel blast from the gun belonging to (newhunterette) AKA (the kindly kitchen killer), several moose look across the cut block to oberve thier associate ( Un-Lucky da' Moose) being sized up for transport to the kitchen of Mild Mannered (newhunterette) aahhhhh!! the tranquility ! lol , good luck, have a safe hunt,, ps. dont get lost up at 'No Name Lake', they wont be able to find you cause nobody knows the name!!

elkdom - I am gonna let you tell my story when I get home from there lol, you're good hehehehe

WOW !!!! Time to update the linoleum Ali...It's so 60' ish.....Maybe you should get Peter watching taped editions of real renos.....
I am jealous, would love to have such a place, that you know is not gonna leak or blow away in the wind (AKA Tent)....
Looks cozy and I am sure there are a lot of good memories in that place.....Will be even better when you go up there in a week and lay a smack down on a big bull winkle.....
Take care of yourself, so that you can be healthy for the hunt....I know you are recovering and probably trying to get 2.7 million things done prior to going, but take care of yourself first....Without you being healthy, its not going to be a special hunt...

I know it is rather old -this property used to be an old restort and our cabin was the main lodge for the hunters to come and enjoy a grand meal and tell tales - kids laugh when I clean the wood stove as i fit almost inside the oven lol

I love that lino,I would never update something that retro

we have talked about putting in new flooring but we have to raise the cabin floor some before we do it as through the years it has started to slope lol but it does have some great retro history

10-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Enjoy your trip Ali, bundle up in a lawn chair on a crossing or game trail with a thermos of hot/choc, get better while you hunt, let the boys do the cookin!
I wish you success and straight shootin.
C/T

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Enjoy your trip Ali, bundle up in a lawn chair on a crossing or game trail with a thermos of hot/choc, get better while you hunt, let the boys do the cookin!
I wish you success and straight shootin.
C/T

thanks CT, what better to recouperate but doing something we enjoy :) - heck may even do some fishing as well - I like the thought of hot chocolate (with baileys) heheheheh:redface:

hillclimber
10-09-2008, 07:06 PM
and herr is another reason we love to be in this tranquility of cariboo wilderness

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/DSC_0458.jpg

WOW! amazing picture. ever think of entering it in a photo contest or sending it to waynes weather window?

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 07:08 PM
WOW! amazing picture. ever think of entering it in a photo contest or sending it to waynes weather window?

have never really thought about it - just like taking pictures - very flattered that you thought it was good :) thank you

killman
10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Ali, great pics. Get well and shoot a moose will ya!

browningboy
10-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Who cares about the floor, you should be outside enjoying yourself anyhow (it is ug!LOL), looks like we'll be somewhat in the same area, good luck Ali!:-P

oddsix
10-09-2008, 07:25 PM
that last pic is SOOOOO cool
good luck on your hunt

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
found a couple more shots of the lake - dang I wish I was there now after looking at past pictures

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/DSC_0114.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/DSC_0115.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/DSC_0116.jpg

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Ali, great pics. Get well and shoot a moose will ya!

yes Sir, you're so forceful and bossy hehehehehe:razz:

Who cares about the floor, you should be outside enjoying yourself anyhow (it is ug!LOL), looks like we'll be somewhat in the same area, good luck Ali!:-P

Kind of like the slope and crazy floor myself, BB - if we find ya Bernie, I'll send Peter in to have that drink for me lol

that last pic is SOOOOO cool
good luck on your hunt

thanks oddsix - sometimes the camera is co-operative

newhunterette
10-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I am curious - I have had my eye on this area for some time over the years and have often wondered.......

this looks like a real MOOSEY kind of area, what do y'all think. any possibilities

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/DSC_0141.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/DSC_0143.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/cabin2/DSC_0145.jpg

newhunterette
10-10-2008, 07:14 AM
another day closer to leaving - in the words of BSA 30-06 (Lloyd) son Braiden

6 more sleeps :)

mountainman
10-10-2008, 07:24 AM
There may be a moose there some where. Good to see you positive and healing up for your hunt!

Phoneguy
10-10-2008, 09:55 AM
That looks like a very special spot to make memories in!

newhunterette
10-13-2008, 11:29 AM
3 more sleeps - wow I sure am cutting it close

srupp
10-13-2008, 11:35 AM
looks very moosey..hmmm a great place for calling early in the AM..hope you are feeling better and ready for your big adventure..LOTS of photos young lady...:tongue:...

cheers

Steven

tikkat3
10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Me and Hermit are taking off tomorrow AM for the same region, victory threads to follow :-)

newhunterette
10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
ohhhhhhhhh I got some great news from the cabin - dagnabbit I am gonna get my moose yet

it snowed a little on Saturday in the higher areas which is bringing them critters out

fozzy
10-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Sounds like the makings of a great trip. Have fun, and hopefully it will be a success.

Akula
10-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Hook a disco ball up to the Coleman Lantern, and you can do your victory dance on that killer floor after you get your moose!

moosinaround
10-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Ali, I've been callin them out like crazy this weekend!! You need some help? All I charge is gourmet food!! Good luck It is wonderful to see you posting again!! Moosin

threedhunter
10-13-2008, 10:46 PM
have a great time ali, your going to my very old stompin grounds. i remember the "lodge" being there but never saw it except from the lake fishing.the flooring is/was likley old linoleum, basicaly tar paper with a paper surface,waxed real good. wears like iron till you heat it up a couple a times,.
hint , don't stand too long in one spot doin your moose victory dance.enjoy the family time, heal quickly and GETHELP TO MOVE YOUR CONQUEST, THE MOOSE.threedhunter:razz::razz:

newhunterette
10-14-2008, 07:48 AM
2 more sleeps - OMGosh I am so so excited - we heard from our friend who was up staying in the cabin over thanksgiving and his son took a nice little freezer buck and they saw lots of grouse. And he gave me some insight to a moose :) wohooooooooooo

lets go hunting, lets go hunting, lets go hunting

sorry it is the drugs lol:redface:

Leaseman
10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
One more sleep for me, then a days hunting, then a days work, then a couple of days hunting.......on and on, (hopefully!)

Alison, hope you, Pete, Azshia and Chris have a good time, tell Pete that I am sorry i missed our "cocktails" the other night!!

newhunterette
10-14-2008, 07:54 AM
One more sleep for me, then a days hunting, then a days work, then a couple of days hunting.......on and on, (hopefully!)

Alison, hope you, Pete, Azshia and Chris have a good time, tell Pete that I am sorry i missed our "cocktails" the other night!!

straight shootin to you also Mike - no worries about the cocktails - we can all celebrate when we get home :)

oldtimer
10-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Have a good trip Ali and may it help the recuperating process. Good luck on the hunt but most of all ,have fun.
We just got back from our shared moose trip and it was great with wives and kids in camp. Again good luck Mike

newhunterette
10-14-2008, 02:53 PM
technically it is one more sleep before I leave - I thought we were leaving on thursday morning but found out leaving tomorrow evening

found out today as I went grocery shopping to buy the ingrediants to pack up the food how weak I really am - sheesh couldn't hardly finish shopping let alone carry the groceries in

anyone feel like comin over to help lol

threedhunter
10-14-2008, 02:57 PM
be right there, ohhh , you'll be gone by the time i get there,have a fun time , get well, shoot straight , let peter bring your harvest home, threedhunter.:cool:

mountainman
10-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Don't push to hard! Make the boys do the hard work!!!!

6 K
10-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Best of luck to ya Ali, and I 'll reiderate you shoot it, let Peter and the boys worry about getting it out. Looking forward to the pics of you and your monster bullwinkle.

newhunterette
10-14-2008, 05:57 PM
okay I have the menu all planned

we will be leaving Wednesday at about 4 pm which means dinner at the Alpine or Kanaka Bar

dinner for thursday is chicken breasts that has been zested up with thyme, rosemary, olive oil, crushed garlic and seasoned with himilayan salt and cracked red pepper served with wild rice and mixed roasted vegetables
if we get some grouse then they will be added to the fair

dinner friday will be bison burgers and caesar salad

dinner saturday will be filet mignon wrapped with bacon, sambucca prawns, broil roasted baby potatoes and mixed vegetables

I will be making lunches for each day, the night before so we just get up and have a quick breakfast and pack lunches in the packs and off we go :)

in the morning I am up about 1 hour before everyone else to make coffee and breakfast - plus I wont be caught dead without my make up on for those photo opportunities that might come about :) hehehehehehe

so I guess y'all know what I am doing this evening (meal preperation)

Chris (lefty) - Peter mentioned he called you and told you I was looking after the food so be here by 3:30 to load your gear :)

first year I haven't had to buy Azshia her license and tags - wohooooo she is becoming self sufficient

and yes I am taking time to rest inbetween, and Peter, Chris and Azshia know they have their work cut out for when we take down them (yes we have draw for 2) big cariboo mooses

quadrakid
10-14-2008, 07:00 PM
best of luck to your whole hunting party,take it eeeeeasy girl.

newhunterette
10-15-2008, 07:45 AM
and 8 more hours until we leave - ohhh this is gonna be the sweetest trip ever - last night we talked about strategies

now all I have to do is remember to breathe and stay calm before pullin the trigger :)

newhunterette
10-15-2008, 11:49 AM
4 more hours hehehehe

cooler is all packed up
clothes are ready

now if I could remember where my boots are

this will be the first time Breanne and Braydon have been left on thier own - usually Azshia is home with them

do I hear someone volunteering to check in on them to make sure they are not misbehaving hehehehehe 16 and 17 years old alone for 5 days and 4 nights

newhunterette
10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
well y'all it is that time

Chris is here with his gear to be loaded, Peter is picking up the kids from school and Azshia will be home from work in about 15 minutes so I am gonna close off and say see ya soon and hopefully with a MOOSE

hugs Ali

rocksteady
10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Good luck, straight shooting and looking forward to the report when you return...:razz::razz:

Leaseman
10-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Hears from them last night at 9....

they made it to 100 mile house!!

Best of luck to the group....!!!

newhunterette
10-19-2008, 03:45 PM
I am home from Canim Lake

daily diary to come in a new thread