PDA

View Full Version : Williams Lake Area Hunting

Nalidixic
10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Looking for some help here with the Williams Lake area. My wife and I are heading up to her families for Thanksgiving from Salmon Arm. Just curious about possible hunting spots close to where we are going to be staying. We are staying on a farm about 25 minutes outside of Williams Lake on Dog Creek RD. I'm really not all that familiar with the area but am sure someone on here will be. Oh and hunting on the property we are staying at is not an option. Thanks for the advice.

Nalid

EDIT: Oh ya, looking for either whitetail or muley. Hopeing to bag my first ever deer this weekend.

Nalidixic
10-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Hmm, over 12 hours and still no reply on the boards. I got a few PM's but any advice anyone else has would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Nalid

sneg
10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Mc Leese lake is good area if you want to drive some little further. I was there last year on thanksgiving .Good deer ,but also lot of hunters.

358win
10-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I used to hunt the powerline above Chimney lake for Mulies but that was 25 yrs ago.

Nalidixic
10-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for teh tips guys.. I'm just really hoping to get my first buck this year.. This will be my 4th hunting season and still have only shot 2 black bears..

Nalid

horse280
10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
head west a little further,to meldrum ck. on rh side or further yet to strouse ck. rd on rh side,man this is a suicide hunting wknd.so many hunters out for the long weeknd.but get in the timber and walk slow and uphill early and slow...and slow.do more looking than thrashing and you'll be surprised what the road hunters push to you...good luck...Todd

srupp
10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
hmmmm Horse IS right on all counts..as for Meldrum creek rds..

out Dog creek rd past FROST CREEK look for the POWER LINE..turn RIGHT off the power line(far side there is a gate) and shortly the rd will go left behind a house and back into some meadows and openings tippee- toe back in through there for some good deer action...hmmm I WILL be there myself Saturday....its closer to where you are staying also....

cheers

Steven

tooley
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I do not know the area at all I have never been up there however, I have a friend that gets his deer out of Soda creek every year. He says there is more deer there than you can shake a stick at. I'd probably try that one since nobody local mentioned it.

srupp
10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Soda creek..the back side of it DOES indeed have lots of deer but also 2 reserves..the bucks dont move much at all during shooting light..6 mile out that way has some good sized bucks but you have to go in by the towers and walk the hills/

steven

Nalidixic
10-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks alot for all the tips guys. Have a great thanksgiving weekend with your family.

Nalid

Chuck
10-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I met a nice doe at Chimney creek years ago.

Nalidixic
10-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I met a nice doe at Chimney creek years ago.

Was she hot??? Oh... You meant a deer :-o