PDA

View Full Version : No Hunting for me

kevan
10-07-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm sorry if I sound like a whiner.....just plain depressed.
For the third time since 1961 I won't be hunting this season.
Five hours of rotator cuff surgery yesterday put me out of action till next year. Sling for six weeks and four months off work....naturally its the right shoulder so absolutely no shooting or quadding.
I'm working on reloading with one hand....have tons of brass and about 50 sets of loading dies on the bench.
So, guys and gals please help an old man stay happy by posting those great hunting stories and pics.....and to all of you please stay safe out there...

Th0r
10-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the recovery.

dukester
10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
If you can move your fingers on the right hand start practising left shooting.. crap man you have to get out and try.. buddy up so they can help haul.

betteroffishing
10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
hope other members success stories and pics get you through till next year.

steelhead68
10-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Well great luck on your recovery.
And you could always hunt with a camera, of course posting where and when the pics were taken. hahaha.

hunter1947
10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem with your shoulder Kevan.

You still have lots of years left to hunt.
Just put this years hunt on the back burner and think about better things to come for next year http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

Mr. Dean
10-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Live vicariously through member, Browningboy.
That boy is on a mission! :razz:

jrjonesy
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Hope you have a full and speedy recovery. My brother just had the same surgery on Oct 3 on his left shoulder...saving the right shoulder surgery for next year. Luckily he got a good fix of hunting in throughout September. From what I've heard, even if it was your left shoulder, you still wouldn't be shooting a gun with any recoil anytime before the season ends. I've also heard from a lot of people who've had it done and are very glad they did, so hopefully you come out feeling the same way!

Nalidixic
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey,

That really sucks.. Makes me glad I'm still young but we will all have our times to slow and age.
Best of luck in the healing process.

Nalid

rock
10-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Good luck on your recovery I was in the same vote a few years ago, just made more hungry for the next year.
Plenty of time left good luck.