PDA

View Full Version : leh for 3-42

tooty
10-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Cow draw for 3-42 Nov 1.Heading up to the Tum Tum with our good buddies from Adams lake.His son has a bull draw for first time.Any hints on good spots up there.

Jelvis
10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Bottom of Oliver is where Clearwater hunterpersons go as I was informed try it you might like it. lol Jel

Jagermeister
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I was up in the neighbouthood of Vavenby Mountain late last fall and the moose were coursing about in a foot of snow at the higher elevations. It would be about the same time frame as your LEHs.
We were also lower down in the valley too (Adams Lake side) and there was a little snow by comparison, but the moose were not that evident. Did see what we took to be a monster mule deer track, but that could have been elk also. Not sure if there are any elk in that area but who knows where you will encounter elk these days.

tooty
10-07-2008, 07:27 PM
We might come in the Barriere forest service,then head up Gollen.Is that road ok for truck and 10ft camper?We came up West Adams before,that was ok.Our friends live on the Login Bear main that goes back to Chase from the lake.

T300WSM
10-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Not sure of the condition of the roads over there right now, but i think that would be your best bet to come in from the Adams lake side. I had a anterless deer draw there 2 years ago and it was a full pull with the crew cab with chains and a big quad in the back to get over from Vavenby. You might want to look up the road to Vavenby if you can get up there, and there is elk in there also.

jml11
10-08-2008, 01:15 PM
had a bull moose draw in there 7 or 8 years ago, was a very newbie hunter at the time and didn't find much. We did see a ton of sign right along the Adams River, ine wetland network was just filled with active game trails. Did see one big cow moose in a wetland just off the Tum Tum at first light. We also saw quite a few tracks way up high in the snow, we guessed these were post rut bulls. Not much for cut blocks to hunt along the Tum Tum, at least back then. Would love to try for that draw again some time, I think I could get one now!

Found a few interesting managed "crops" up there too....

Jagermeister
10-08-2008, 10:30 PM
The elevation that T300WSM speaks about is the same as the one that I was referring to also. In November, a good overnight storm could pile up a fair pile of snow and that road can be somewhat imtimindating in such a situation. I was quite suprised at the amount of snow that was laying in the logging truck tracks that I was following, they were filled in from an overnight dump and I was pushing snow with my F350 bumper and the hill coming down to Vavenby, I was sure happy when the snow diminished to a few inches, by then I was in "town".
Taking the Agate (Skwam) Bay road and then up the west side of the lake would be a good choice. It seems that on the lee of that range the upper area of Adams does not get the same snow that falls to the west like in the area of Harp and Vavenby Mountains. The east side of the lake seems to pile it up on Pukeashun Mountain. I guess why they're good snowmobiling areas.
Looking at the allocations for cow/calf and bulls would suggest that you will have other hunters to buddy up with and additional support.
Good Luck.

Laurence_Erickson
10-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I was up on gollen the a couple weeks ago ,the road wasn't too bad .I couldn't tell you about barriere pass though as I went up the lake . The lake road was real good above brennan creek.