PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Elk...an L.E.H. cow

Buckmeister
10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
What an incredible week of hunting! Last Friday evening I scared up a small (6 to 8 ) herd of cow elk. Couldn't get a clear shot as they were always moving away when I saw them. After chasing them for almost 2 kms, I was able to get ahead of them and was able to put this one down. Sorry, the picture isn't very good, but the elk is a good size.

I want to thank my dad (.308 NORMA), who was able to be with me when I got her. It was an awesome time dad! Also thanks to uncle (Shed Hunter) who was in our group and helped with the hanging and skining.

I also want to send out a special thankyou to Tyler, who will be 14 in a few days. This young man did an awesome job of getting firewood and keeping the campfire going all week. He wasn't afraid to get his hands messy and jumped right in for the skining process. We'll make a hunter out of you yet Tyler!

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/Buckmeister_01/Picture.jpg

brotherjack
10-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Congratulations!! You're going to REALLLY enjoy the eating there; cow elk are about the tastiest thing on planet earth.

BiG Boar
10-07-2008, 08:25 AM
mmm, cowwwwww

44inchStone
10-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. Those days you and your family will never forget.