PDA

View Full Version : HBC HELPS HUNTERS.GET LOST ITEM Back

boyd050
10-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Well I gotta tell ya, this site rocks... I have been enjoying it and it truly is a great help to us all. I found a gps unit in september here in the kootenays, through the coordinates I was able to find out the owner was located on saltspring island according to his "home" way point. I put the coordinates here on HBC to see If I could find someone to help me find the address and name of who may have lost this unit. ALLEN50(sampson) stepped up to the plate and came up with a contact and address and the person who lost this, so We all need to give him huge kudos!! I am now shipping this gps back to the Frasers of Saltspring, his wife Nancy called me , turns out it was a christmas present to her husband a couple years ago and he was unhappy he lost this unit. now he gets it back. so.... a very BIG thanks to HBC and everyone who helped me, and a BIG thanks to Allen.. great guy!!! it feels good to help someone get something they lost.!!!!:smile::smile::smile:

Dirty
10-06-2008, 09:28 PM
It's nice to see that there is honest people out there still. I guess not everybody is a crook like me.

troutseeker
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
That is excellent! Good on you to do some digging and follow up. Stories like that remind me there are still some honest caring individuals out there.

Brambles
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Good job, nice to hear.

Allen50
10-06-2008, 10:06 PM
and to top it off, it was a fun hunt, and no one got shot,, lol lol.. I used the computer program at work that we use to locate waterwell's, to locate the address on saltspring, when i got the name's i called my cousin that lives on saltspring to check out phone numbers in the phone book, he gave me numbers, i started calling, and after a few call's came up with the owner of the GPS that boyd050 had, i gave the owner boyd050's info, she called him, and the GPS was hers, She called me back and thanked me very much for doing the search to find them, her husband is away moose hunting, she stated to me, he call's and she tell's him that his GPS is on it's way home,, she said he was a happy guy, and when he gets home, we'll have to get together and bs about hunting,, sounds cool to me, to meet new hunter's and members of this site, so i'll let you know what happens later on down the road, and i also would like to meet boyed050 as well, sounds like a very nice guy, and someone that also steps up to the plate for looking for the person that lost the GPS, he could have kept it for him self, but he's a HBC, and did the right thing,, many thanks to him as well,, Well boyd050 i'll be talking with you soon,,, thanks,,, Allen50...ever one goes home smiling at the end of the day,,, too cool.....

Jagermeister
10-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Boy, great detective work. And I might add, very commendable persons. Nice job well done.

Mr. Dean
10-07-2008, 12:08 AM
A little extra goes a LOOOOONG way!

Thanks.

Steeleco
10-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Good on you all, especially Boyd050, I'm sure it must have been all too tempting to reset the unit and keep it. I hope if I should ever loose mine it's found by guys like you.

sawmill
10-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Good on you guys,now all we gotta do is kick some ass and find all Boyd050`s stuff.

TIKA 300
10-07-2008, 06:11 AM
I LOST an elk some where in the WK,think you guys can recover it for me ..... LOL

Just kidding.

Great to see you guys pull that together and have it work out for everyone. TK

44inchStone
10-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Well I gotta give YOU big koodos boyd050. ALOT would have kept the GPS. Nice to see that there are still a few honest people out there. Everyone has to remember, how would we all feel if we lost something. Like my Zeiss Binos:frown:. Took them off to take a Cr*p and total forgot they were not even on my neck.
I think there still hanging on a tree somewhere in the Tuchodi.

Bow Walker
10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
A huge hand for boyd050. He just got robbed of all his hunting gear - everything - and yet he's still returning a valuable GPS unit that he could've very easily kept. He's worthy of everyone's 'buddy list'!!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26550

kishman
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Your honesty sets a fine example for all of us, way to go:cool:.